1

This is one of my first stories I'm just trying to figure stuff out so don't judge. :) The chapters get longer as the story progresses, didn't know how long to make them at first 😬

Ashley's POV
"Hey" I heard my one and only friend Nicole say as she sat down next to me.

"Hey, are there people coming tomorrow?" I looked over questioning her.

She looked at me and nodded. "So we might be getting a new home tomorrow" she said with a smile slightly nudging me with her shoulder.

I laughed, but all it seemed to do was cheer her up, and not me. Nicole is 15 and so am I, we've both been here since we were 7, but I still haven't explained my whole past to her. It still haunts me.

"Is that so?" I replied chuckling at the end of my question.

"Yes" standing up "I am most certain we will get to leave tomorrow" she said while putting one hand on her hip, and pointing her finger seriously at me. Sticking her hand out to mine I grabbed hers as she pulled me up.

"Okay well we should get ready for bed, because you know there's gonna be people tomorrow, and hey, cheer up" Nicole said putting a hand on my shoulder before leaving.

"Okay, see you tomorrow bye."

I went into the bathroom brushed my teeth, and got ready to take a shower before bed. While I lifted my shirt up I saw one of the many scars on my back and traced a finger across the one going from my shoulder blade to my lower back. I sighed knowing they will be a constant reminder of my father.

I finished my shower up, and then got under my bed covers wondering

"Who would ever want someone whose been broken before"