2

I woke up to one of the many girls I had to share a room with shaking me. Alyssa. I opened my eyes glaring at her until she finally spoke to me.

"You better get up, and don't do anything fancy because if anyone's getting adopted today it's me" I just continued to stare at her hoping that if I did long enough she'd leave me alone to sleep. "I'm just letting you know, but why should I be telling you this it's not like your getting adopted anyways" she flipped her hair and then left me in my bed.

"Well, okay then." I got up out of my bed, and thought about Alyssa's words. It's true, I already know nobody will want me, but I guess I'll try for Nicole. She always liked it when we go down and meet new people.

I got dressed into some pants, and just a plain black shirt. Then I walked downstairs to get breakfast, or as I call it, garbage. I grabbed what looked like old waffles, and walked over to where Nicole was sitting. "Hey"

"Hey, what time are the people coming to adopt?" I asked her. She looked up at the clock as it read 11:47. "Um, in about ten minutes, so you better hurry up, and eat your delicious waffles" she said sarcastically. I playfully frowned at her as we both laughed and finished our "breakfast".

12:00

I had to go quickly grab my sweater, because it was getting quite cold downstairs, and as I was walking up 3 girls walked up to me and pushed me into the wall. They all laughed then walked back to where the people were going to be putting on their fake innocent girl act. Bitches.

I got my sweater and when I went downstairs there were lots of people around. I saw a couple who looked to be in their thirties, another couple that consisted of two men, and 3 other couples, and then lastly a man.

I got nervous until Nicole called me over "Hey! Ashley come over here" waving me over.

"Hey what's up?" I asked. She looked at me then at the gay couple, and said "I'm getting adopted by them!" She said jumping up, and down. "That's awesome Nicole! I'm so happy for you, well I guess this is goodbye" I said sadly as we hugged.

"Come on Nicole we should go get you settled into our house" one of the men said. "Okay" she said. "Bye Ashely hopefully we bump into each other soon" "okay bye". Then she walked off. My best friend. Gone.

I walked over to the thing we called the couch, and sat down thinking about what I was going to do now. Until that single man walked over to me, and crouched down so he was eye level with me and said "Um, hello excuse me, I was just wondering what you were doing all by yourself?" He had a British accent. I could get used to that.

"Nothing. My best friend just got adopted, and now I'm all by myself"

"Don't you talk with any of the other girls?" He questioned slightly titling his head.

"No I don't. They're usually all mean, and bully me. Nicole was the only person I liked" I said looking down.

"Well, I'm starting to like you, and I don't even know your name yet" he smiled hinting he wanted to know my name.

I stuck my hand out "Sorry, my names Ashely Parks, any you are?" He shook my hand firmly while smiling and said.

"Andrew. Andrew Lincoln"