15

Ashley's POV

I was awoken once again by nightmares. It has been only a day since I've woken up.

Every time I fall asleep I see a man hurting me. Someone shooting me, and I remember being shot.

I life up my shirt and sure enough the bandages that go around my stomach are there.

I sigh looking around the empty room. I had told Andy and Zack to go home and get some sleep, which both of them reluctantly did.

I heard multiple beeps from all the machines hooked up to me. I felt so weak. So...helpless.

Suddenly everything was getting to be too much to take in, and I started to not be able to catch my breath and my machines started going crazy.

I grab at my chest, but it doesn't help it's only making it worse.

"N-nurse" I try to shout, but only coming out barely above a whisper. I wince in pain and that shuts me up.

I try to push the button to get the nurses attention but my vision was becoming blurry and I was starting to not be able to see.

I hear doctors rush into my room and start yelling things out to each other. All I could see was the white colored ceiling.

"She's bleeding internally!"

"We need to get her to surgery Now!"

Many doctors hover over me as they shout their actions to one another.

"Just stay with us alright Ashley" one looked to my eyes.

"Just stay with us"

They flip me onto my side that isn't hurt and I can breathe the slightest bit better, but then it's worse.

"Agh!" I groan.

"She's loosing consciousness"

"What are those scars on her back doctor?"

"Now isn't the time. She needs an airway she isn't breathing properly!"

"get me a intubation tray-" they said before the darkness consumed me.

Andy's POV

I slept very well, but that parent instinct I now had was going crazy. Why in the middle of the night?

Was I just missing my daughter or was something wrong.

I tried to play it off as nothing and folded my hands on top of my stomach watching tv.

I tatted to doze off again but then my phone started to buzz. "Ugh" Groggily I tried to find it, and when I did I saw it was the hospital.

"Oh god" I shot up.

I quickly answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Mr. Lincoln?"

"Yes?"

"There's been a complication with your daughter"

My heart sunk and I started to feel guilty for not being there.

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"At this point sir...we just don't know" the doctor said. "We'll talk more when you get down here"

I hung up my phone with an okay to the doctor. I grabbed my coat and headed out the door.

I got out and went into the hospital preparing myself for anything that could've happened.