19

Ashley's POV

'How to save a life' by the Fray blared through the speaker on my desk as I lightly tapped my foot to the music singing along with it.

"I lost a friend" I mumble to myself jamming out to one of my favorite songs.

The air conditioning was on full blast because today's weather was in the 100's. How hot can this place be.

Andy said something about a pool being in the back, I'd just never bothered to check. I grab the speaker from the desk and walk downstairs and to the back door.

Opening it without making much noise, successfully I find the swimming pool in the back. I sit down the speaker to my left and put my legs into the cool chlorine filled water.

"Ahhhh" I breathe out my hair slightly flowing from the slight wind. I would go into the pool, but I don't have a swim suit, also...I don't want anyone seeing my back.

Tapping my fingernails on the tile near the pool. I didn't realize Andy was behind me until he tapped my shoulder, scaring me.

"Oh my lord, you almost gave me a heart attack" I say holding my chest, laughing at the end.

"I'm sorry, Zack is at the door. Come on" he says also laughing before helping me off the ground.

I walk to the door and open it seeing my cute boyfriend on the other side. I smile at him before letting him in, he doesn't return the smile...only his shoulders slump and he looks sad.

My smile slightly faltering as I see his state, something's wrong and I don't want to push him to say anything.

"Ash...there's something I have to tell you..." he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Okay....." I say my hand still on the door. I start to get anxious not knowing what to expect. I rub my arm in hopes of getting some comfort.

"Um," he bites his lip as his once shinny green eyes turn depressed with tears brimming them "I'm moving...my mom, she got a new job and I just thought I should tell you. It's in California so I won't be able to see you in person anymore" he says letting a tear fall before he wipes it quickly not looking me in the eyes.

Tears brim my eyes and I'm completely speechless. Once again someone important is leaving my life. I should've never gotten close to anyone, it just comes and bites me in the end.

"When do you leave?" My words shaky as I speak.

"Tomorrow....she didn't tell me until last night, I just...love you so much it's going to be hard to go" he whispers.

I couldn't stand seeing someone who I loved in this state, he was the sweetest person I met when I first moved. He was there for me when I was hurt, and he was the one person I loved to be around. Whether it was running around in Spider-Man masks or the rainbow sherbet ice cream we first shared, the swings.

I grab his shoulders and I put my arms around his neck as he puts his around my waist. This is when we both break down crying. I didn't want him to go and I knew he didn't want to either.

Breaking apart from the hug I pecked his lips before distancing myself from him. "We can still be friends right?" I ask knowing log distance relationships don't always work.

"Of course" he says eyes puffy. "I should go, I have to...pack. I'll see you before I leave tomorrow. Goodbye, Ashley" he says before walking off.

The way he used my full name besides my nickname stung. I closed the door before going onto the couch and crying. I hear a door creek from upstairs and then footsteps nearing me.

I hug onto a throw pillow as if it was the only thing keeping me from breaking even more. I look to the floor mesmerizing it, thinking about Zack. "Ashley, what's wrong?" I see Andy's concerned eyes underneath me.

I look to his eyes and my lips quiver once more, all I want to do is stay home watch Netflix and eat ice cream. "Zack's moving...we broke up" I say quietly, hugging the pillow tighter.

"Cheer up hun....do you want me to have Chandler come over and cheer you up?" He asks, his full attention on me. Why would he ask if I wanted Chandler of all people? I shrug it off as nothing because all I can think about is Zack leaving.

I nod my head towards him and lay down on the couch silently setting up Netflix on the tv. About 15 minutes later a fluffy haired boy walks in and sits by me, concern lacing his eyes.

"What happened?" He asks tilting his head to see me better.

"Zack and I broke up" I say flatly.

"Oh, I brought some ice cream because, why not? And some cookies to go with it" he tries to lighten up my mood and it works when I smile at him.

"What are we watching?" He says kicking his feet up on the foot rest.

"We, are watching whatever I want to" I snap playfully awaiting his reaction. I look over at him and he looks like he doesn't know what to say but only mouths 'okay' to himself.

I chuckle at him making him turn to me. "What's so funny?" He puts his hands on his hips. "Oh nothing....I just set up Netflix. You pick what we watch" I say handing him the remote.

I watch him flip through all of our options a determined look on his face where he is slightly bitting his lip. His bright blue eyes glisten, the tv light reflecting off of them. His blue shirt complements his eyes well, and he's wearing normal blue jeans.

I decide to prop my legs up on his lap which he doesn't mind and only positions himself so he's more comfortable.

"Let's watch the Lost tv series so we won't have to keep switching movies" he says looking to me.

"Okay. Go grab some spoons, I'll open the cookies" I say grabbing the box and eating one. Chandler comes back with two spoons and the ice cream and we sit there watching Netflix all day and night.

My feet propped on his lap and our ice cream and cookies in hand we watched tv until we both fell asleep.

A/N: Sorry it was shorter than usual.