7

Ashley's POV

As I woke up I was slightly confused as to where I was, then I remembered that I had gotten adopted by Andy yesterday and smiled.

I grabbed my phone off my desk and went through it while laying in my bed. I found out how to use social media and I had gotten Instagram and put my name as AshleyParks33 (a/n: random name). I wasn't following anybody because I didn't really know anyone. I set my profile picture to one of me smiling, but hadn't posted anything yet.

I looked over at my clock and groaned because it was already 10:30 and I should be up, but I was having fun trying to figure out how to use my phone.

I got up and went to my closet grabbing a pair of black jeans, and a pink plaid shirt over a plain white one. I quickly tied my laces to my only pair of converse I had and heading downstairs.

I expected to see Andy downstairs but all I saw was four different boxes of cereal, a bowl, spoon, and a note on the counter. I walked over to it confused and read the note

Hey Ashley, sorry I'm not there. My boss unexpectedly needed me for some re-shooting, I'll make it up to you tonight, but you can go explore the neighbor hood, and maybe meet some friends? Anyways there's a key under the mat outside have fun
                                               -Andy

"Okay then" I said to myself putting the note down and grabbing a box that read Honey Nut Cheerios and pouring it in a bowl along with some milk.

Once I finished eating I went back upstairs and brushed my mess of hair, and left it down grabbing one of Andy's blue base ball caps putting it on. I went out the door grabbing my phone on the way out locking the house with the spare key.

I walked down our neighborhood, we lived in a general area where people lived so I was bound to see somebody. I must've walked around the whole place before finding a small park.

I smiled going over to the swing sets, they reminded me of my mom. I smiled at the thought of her, but frowned hating how the world had to take her.

As I was kicking my legs slowly barely moving on the swing, I watched as a boy came and sat on the swing next to me grabbing hold of the chains that held it together.

I cautiously looked over the boy as did he. We both didn't know what to say until he spoke "I've never seen you around here. Are you new?" He questioned.

"Yea actually, I just moved in with somebody yesterday" I said taking in this guys features, he was attractive might I admit. This boy wore blue jeans, a mostly white but also red plaid shirt, and had dirty blonde hair with green eyes on both sides of his nose.

"Well...that's cool. Oh! I'm Zack by the way" he said sticking his hand out to me. I took his hand and shook it as he smiled at me. "I've lived here most of my life, it's nice to finally get to meet someone new" he stated happy.

"Yea I know how you feel, sorta?" We laughed. "I'm Ashley" I smiled "nice to meet you."

We stared into each others eyes for a couple seconds getting lost in the moment before his phone rang and we snapped out of it. Zack answered his phone as I looked to my fingers, fumbling with them as he talked on the phone.

"Oh, right now? Okay. Bye. Love you too" he hung up the phone and turned back to me. "Sorry about that. My mom wants me home, so I better get going. But would you mind me asking for your phone number?" He rose his eyebrows nervously as well as sticking his hands deep into his pockets.

"Not at all, it's cool" I said nicely handing him my phone as he handed me his. I stood up facing our bodies together quickly typing in my number. We both looked up at the same time sticking out he phones "here you go" we both said at the same time, making us laugh.

"Jinx" we said simultaneously.

"Double jinx" we did again.

"Alright, Alright I'll let you have this one Ashley" he said grabbing his phone as did I. "I'll see you around" he grinned before turning and walking away.

"Okay bye" I waved.

I looked at my phone seeing he had put his contact in as Zack :P. This made me chuckle because I had done something similar in his phone.

I walked back to Andy's house, grabbed my key out of my pocket unlocking the house before walking in. I threw my shoes over by the front door, and went up to my room deciding to play some video games.