6

1 week later... Adoption Day.

Ashley's POV

Adoption day has come around yet again, and I'm secretly getting ready to go down there. I thought about Mackenzie's threat, and decided I'd sneak down when she was somewhere else to try and get adopted. Not like it'd happen, but you can always dream.

I brushed through my long hair, and put it up in a pony tail. I never really liked having it down too much. I got on some blue denim jeans, a plain white shirt, and some black converse.

I looked at the clock. 12:45 it read. The adoption people should be downstairs by now. I sneakily walked down half of the steps to see if Mackenzie was anywhere in sight. Seeing that she wasn't, I walked shyly down the stairs.

I saw the same amount of people that were here last time, about 8 couples, and yet there was that lone man. Andy. I sat down on a chair too shy to walk over to anyone.

I saw Andy looking around, and when he spotted me he walked right over. "Hey Ashley, how are you on this fine evening" he said looking around.

"I'm. Okay..." I said looking up at him. "Why do you keep coming back here if you never adopt anyone?" I questioned him.

"Well I actually was hoping that'd change today" he said happily, then he walked away.

Such a weird man. I thought to myself.

That's when I noticed him walk over to the head desk, and started to sign papers all while making small talk with the woman at the desk.

I watched Andy until someone came into my line of sight. Sighing knowing who was there, I looked up to see Mackenzie, and her 2 friends by her side. "What are you doing down here?" She asked aggravated.

"I'm just sitting here talking to no one minding my own business" I said quietly.

"I already told you what would happen if you came down here today" she said getting in my face. I swallowed hard knowing what she was talking about. "Lets teach her a lesson girls" she said looking at her friends nodded.

Mackenzie and her girls then threw me from my chair, and Mackenzie picked me up off the ground throwing me to the wall, holding me up against it forcefully. "This is just a warning. You do anything stupid like this again and I won't hesitate to get my friends to hurt you worse" she stated walking away.

That's when I noticed one of the workers here in the orphanage walking over to me, her name is Sam. "Hey, go get your stuff" she said sweetly.

"Why? I still live here, why would I need my stuff?" I asked confused, and still shaken up from what happened a few minutes earlier.

"Oh sweetie" she said sitting down next to me "you're being adopted" she said smiling.

"This isn't some sick joke right?" I asked not believing her.

"No it's not, now we don't want to keep him waiting. Go grab your stuff and meet me by the door" she said happy for me.

"Okay" I said running up to my room.

I'm getting adopted? Me. Adopted. Wow I must be dreaming. I pinched my arm to see if it was real. It was. "Ouch" I mumbled rubbing my arm.

As I got to my room I grabbed a grocery bag that was on the floor, and put what little clothes I did have quickly putting them in along with my hair and tooth brush.