24

Ashley's POV

Beep. Beep.

Groggily I squint open my eyes trying to find the source of the annoying beeping. The sun isn't even out yet and I'm not sure it's even morning.

Beep. Beep.

"Shut up..." I groan, searching for my phone in the bed sheets. I must've fell asleep playing on my phone again.

Beep. Beep.

"Beep. Beep" I mock annoyed still trying to find my phone.

I see a bright light coming from what I'm assuming is my phone light. I grab it and I see scrolls of text messages on my lock screen, all from Chandler.

I looked at the clock on my phone and it read 3:13. What in the world is he doing texting me at this time? When I could be sleeping.

I see his picture pop up when he decides to call me and I roll my eyes before answering.

"What?" I cut to the chase, now feeling extremely tired, and annoyed.

"Come outside!" He shouts.

"What?! Why?" I ask.

"Just do it, Ashley" he says before hanging up.

"Rude much" I sigh putting my phone in my sweats and putting a pull over sweater on.

Quietly I exit the house my hair probably a mess, half asleep I see a boy sitting on the steps to my door.

"Chandler? What are you doing, it's like...time to be sleeping" I tell him with a slight laugh at the end.

"Sit with me" he pats the cement next to him.

I oblique and sit next to him and follow his gaze to the stars in the sky.

"Aren't they beautiful?" I say looking up at the twinkling stars.

"Not as beautiful as you, look Ashley I want to say something, and you can't get mad, okay?" He asks looking back to me, our eyes meeting.

"Oh um, sure...go for it" I encourage. Wait did he just call me beautiful? Can't be...I decide to ignore it and let him talk.

"I think I'm falling for you...I love how we can just stay up all night watching movies, or going out and doing stupid stuff, playing video games, or just...you know talking. No matter what, we've both been there for each other. And that's what I like about you," he pauses a light seemingly have sparked in his eyes, the moon light lit them up and they were dark blue.

"Chandler, what are you trying to say..." I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"I like you Ashley....and I want to be with you, if you want to be with me" he smiles toothless looking back to my eyes.

I smile at him, and my eyes raise in surprise before I answer.

"Yes" I say.

"Yes what? Like okay yes? Or like you understand yes. Ash, your confusing me here" he rambles on looking slightly embarrassed.

"I'll be with you," I say watching as his face lights back up with happiness. "You can come in if you want, Andy's sleeping. We can watch movies downstairs?" I offer.

"Why don't we just stay out here for a little while..." he says look back up at the stars. He pulls me close and snakes his arm around my waist with my head on his shoulder as we watch the stars in comfortable silence.

A/N: kinda short, but an important chapter for the future.