5

Ashley's POV

"So what your saying is that you didn't steal my makeup out of my drawer?" Mackenzie sarcastically said.

"No. For the last time. I didn't take your make up. Why would I want it anyways?" I tried to remain calm but she just wouldn't leave me alone for some reason.

"Maybe because your just so pathetic, and you have nothing of your own so you steal other people's stuff!" She yelled at me.

"I promise you I don't have your stuff." Her insults we're starting to get to me.

"Well just know Ashley, if I catch you with my stuff it won't end well for you." Mackenzie said bumping her right shoulder hard into mine before walking out of the room.

I sighed. Why does everyone always blame me for their stuff that goes missing. I wouldn't want their makeup, and I certainly don't want to be insulted anymore, but I just can't seem to stand up for myself.

I'm hoping that when adoption day comes around that I'll finally be able to leave this hellhole. I'm going to try, and start my day off by going out back, and just read a book called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I grab my brush in my bathroom, and brush out my below shoulder length brown hair, grab my book and head out the door. This will finally get me some time away from these people.

As I am in the hallway someone trips me, and I fall face first into the ground. Ouch. That hurt. I look up to see who did it, and it was one of Mackenzie's friends, Rachel. "Better get a move on freak show, no one wanted a circus in town" she laughed.

My eyes started tearing up at her words, and I ran outside to go sit down, and read my book. I took deep breaths to control my breathing. Finally after 5 minutes or so I calmed myself down, but never forgot her words.

I was into my book, craving more and more of the story. That was until someone closed my book, and I frowned. Dreading having to look up, I saw you guessed it, Mackenzie.

"Can I help you with something" I asked

"Maybe you can help yourself by not coming downstairs next week, when the adoption people come around again. I'll need you gone, so you don't scare the people away with your ugly face" she laughed.

I finally couldn't take it anymore I stood up threw my book on the ground in anger and yelled "Maybe you should stay away Ms. Mac N' Cheese! I have every right to be down there just as you do! So please leave me alone"

"Woah, she does speak. Listen here" she grabbed me by my shirt making me look her directly in the face. "You won't come down stairs, or I'll get people to come beat you up. So you hear me?" Venom dripping from every word.

I gulped. She was kind of scaring me now, and I didn't want to get hurt, but if I wanted to leave I'd probably have to take that chance.
"Y-yes I-I hear you" I nodded shakily at her.

She then flipped her bleached blonde hair, and walked back into the house. I decided to sit down again. I put my hands through my hair, and put my head in between my knees,thinking "what am I going to do now?"

I started to get anxious about the whole situation, Mackenzie threatening to have people beat me up, being called a nerd, freak show. It's too much for me. I've been treated like this my whole life. I started to cry to myself thinking of what I could do.

I was interrupted by someone coming over to me and clearing their throat. "Ah hem" they coughed.

I looked up with bloodshot eyes seeing a familiar helper name tag with the name Andrew. I fake half smiled at him. I could tell he didn't know what to do so I spoke first.

"What ar-are you doing b-back here?" I cried.

"Oh me. I was just in the neighbor hood. Wanting to help out. But I saw you over here, and wanted to make sure you were okay" his accent was slightly calming to me.

"Yea, I'm totally fine" I said sarcastically.

"Okay then" he spoke. I guess he can't detect sarcasm, because he got up,went to his car and left. Weird.

"This man is so weird, but yet he's always here for me"