4

1 week later.

Ashley's POV

I decided. Today is the day. Today is the day that I'm going to get out of bed, and stop feeling sorry for myself.

I got out of bed, and quickly made my covers. I walked downstairs, and greeted everyone with a "hello" and grabbed a soccer ball from a bin that has outdoor activity stuff in it, and went outside.

When I walked out soccer ball in hand I saw about 8 or so guys, and girls.

"Hey!" I yelled putting my hands next to my mouth to make what I'm saying louder. They all looked over at me.

I used my sudden rush of confidence to ask them "Do any of you want to play soccer with me?" They looked at me as if I were crazy, and then a boy just a little over my age, who had brown hair, and green eyes said "Why would we want to play with some fat pig, who never does anything, but cry about how pathetic she is" he then looked over at his friends, and they all left me outside, alone.

That crushed my confidence, big time. I sighed sitting down, and moved the soccer ball between my hands, only focusing on it.

"What are you doing out here all by yourself?" Someone asked concerned.

The voice sounded familiar, but I only looked up enough to see a helper sticker on their chest saying Andrew.

Ah that's where I knew him from.

"I, I just. Nobody wants anything to do with me. Not ever play a simple game of soccer" I said finally looking him in the eyes. He then sat down next to me. We sat in confutable silence for awhile. I looked up from my ball taking in his features while he looked to be thinking of something to say. He had crystal blue eyes, curly brown hair, and he didn't look fat so I guess he's not lazy.

Andrew looked up from his hands, smiled then said to me "Would you want to play soccer with me?" He then smiled. I barely knew this guy, but he seemed nice enough. "I mean uh, you don't have to if you don't want to" he said awkwardly.

I looked him in the eyes, and spoke "You know, that wouldn't be so bad" I got up off the ground
"First one to 10 goals wins" I said excitedly.

"Alright, but I'm just gonna let you know I'm pretty good at t- Hey!" Before he could finish I had already taken off towards his goal, and scored.

"One to zero" I said proudly.

"You wanna play sneaky? Let's do this then" Andrew then took off with the ball between his feet dribbling.

Soon enough the score had come down to 9-9.

I was running towards Andrews goal, when the ball was taken from me, I watched as he took the ball then ran after him while laughing. "Hey!" I shouted. "I'm going to beat you Ashley" he said teasingly. "Oh not today your not" I said swiping the ball from underneath his feet, kicking the ball, and scoring.

"Yes!" I screamed with both hands in the air.

Andrew looked at me with a playful glare. "Alright. Alright. Good game" sticking his hand up for a high-five.

I smacked his hand and congratulated him as well "Yea it was, you're pretty hard to beat Andrew ?"

Andrew smiled at me. "Please. Just call me Andy, everyone does."

Then he got a phone call and excused himself. Today has been a good day. Maybe I can start to let other people in. Maybe they're not all bad.

"I'm really sorry, but I have to go my work needs me" Andrew said while leaving.

I watched him as he got into a black Honda, and drove off. "Okay" I said to myself walking back up to my room. Today was a good day, and I'm not going to let anyone ruin that for me, as I went to bed with a smile on my face.