8

I must've been playing this game for a long while because before I knew it, it was almost 3 in the morning. I fell in love with this Xbox game as soon as I played it, it was called Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Something about shooting people was fun in a non violent way.

I kept playing until I saw lights of a car on the ceiling. I placed my controller on the ground and walked over by my window, looking out I saw Andy get out and walk into the house.

I soon heard footsteps come up the stairs as I continued playing my game. Soon there was a knock and in came Andy. "Well..I see your a gamer then?" He chuckled. I nodded not looking away from the screen.

"Why don't you get to bed it's pretty late" he said. As I looked up to him his face was all bloody. "Why do you have blood all over your face?" I questioned. "It's my job. I- I'll tell you tomorrow, good night" he said walking out.

"Night, oh and close my door. Thanks" I said back to him as he left.

I got into my pajamas, and climbed into my covers and sheets pulling them over me. I plugged my phone in next to me, and laid it on the dresser before going to bed.

The next morning when I woke up I saw that I had actually gotten up at a decent time. I quickly changed into some casual clothes and walked down stairs, phone in hand.

"So... are you going to tell me what your job is? Or are you just a serial killer?" I asked laughed. I sat down at the counter watching as Andy made breakfast for the both of us. He chuckled and responded to me "Yes I'll tell you. I just wanted you to be comfortable before I payed it down on you" he stated flipping some eggs.

"I'm an actor, a very well known one in fact. I'm on a tv show called The Walking Dead." He said focusing on the eggs.

"Ooohhh. So that's why that guy freaked out at the store." I said mostly to myself.

"There's actually a cast event thing tonight, nothing fancy, but I was actually hoping you'd go with me so I can introduce you to the cast. Also I was wondering if you'd be fine if I called you my daughter" he said finishing the eggs putting them on a plate in front of me and sitting with his own.

Andy had just asked me to be his daughter. I've only ever had one Dad, but he wasn't truly a father, more of a drunk. So I looked up at Andy and smiled. "Sure" I answered his question. He hesitantly came over to me and hugged me, I tensed at first before wrapping my arms around his torso.

"So does this mean I have to call you, Dad?" I cringed saying the word Dad. "Only if you feel comfortable with it" Andy stated pulling out of the hug. "So this event starts....when?" I asked him.

Andy then looked to his watch scrunching his eyebrows together. "We have to be there around noon, seeing as it's already ten we should be getting ready now" he said his accent heavy.

"Alright. Thanks for the breakfast Andy"

"You don't have to thank me Ashley, we're family now" he smiled.

His comment made me grin, realizing I actually had someone who cared about me. For once in my life I had somewhat of a father figure that wouldn't hurt me. "Family" I confirmed nodding my head before going into my room.

I decided I'd wear blue jeans that were ripped a bit at the knees, a gray shirt with a purple plaid long sleeve shirt over it. I grabbed my shoes off the floor tying them quickly before going back down stairs where I left my phone.