21

Ashley's POV

Ashley's POV

"Hi Ashley," a boy who looks around 2 years older than me says smiling. "I'm Derek...I'm your brother" the dark haired boy says his green eyes flashing some confidence.

My mouth gapes to the floor and I don't know what to say. I feel like we could be siblings, same hair, same eyes. My lips form a thin line soon and I invite him into the house.

Him sitting on the chair across from me all I could do was stare at him. Take in who my supposed brother was, I remember a boy from a picture, but never thought about it.

"So what your saying is...your my brother?" I finally speak crossing my hands over each other on the table.

Derek had on a black v neck shirt and some blue jeans on that made him look skinny. Dark green eyes that looked bright in the sun, and short brown hair that swooped upwards.

He crosses his hands the same way I do before answering "Yes," is all he says. Looking like he's trying to figure out what to say I give him more time to think. Only when he takes too long I speak up again.

"Derek...how come I don't remember much about you, honestly it's really confusing me. How come you weren't ever there, all I saw was pictures" I say suddenly interested on what happened.

He closes his eyes before taking a long breath in and out "Foster Care. They took me away, then Mom had you....I guess they never found you until a few years later, and I'm sorry about that. Dad," he takes a deep breath to keep from crying "he's a horrible man. I'm so sorry about Mom, I loved her so much, she was like an angel" he says, remembering how beautiful he was I start to tear up along with my....brother.

His eyes hold such strong emotion that they're specked with redness and hurt. He wipes his face to keep any unwanted tears from falling and I do the same.

"I got out, when I was 16. It was hell in that place honestly. When I found out you were shot I tried my best to find out where you were, but since you were adopted by a celebrity it wasn't easy to come by" he explains.

I stare at him with admiration, we've both been trough the same things and now some how we're back together. A siblings bond. He hands me a picture, the one I remember from the old beat up house.

Mom was standing next to Dad, his arm slung around her waist, and on the ground was a 2 year old boy, and a baby girl in his arms. It looked professionally taken so I'm guessing this was before Mom died.

I hold onto the photo staring at it for the longest time before I hand it back to him.

"I have no where to go....the people I was with kicked me out, and I'm not even an adult yet," Derek rubs his eyes mumbling his problems. "I thought 'hey if Ashley was adopted maybe the person could help me' like a father should you know?" He says. He runs his hands through his hair stressfully.

I place an arm on his shoulder "I'm sure he won't mind. Um....how old are you?" I ask.

"I'm 17 I know I should know how to take care of myself, but I just need someone to guide me. Hell, I don't even know how to love someone" he expresses.

I feel bad for him because I know how to love someone and he doesn't. Maybe it's because on good days my father would watch a movie with me or because I remember my mother singing to me.

I go to speak again, but am interrupted by the door knocking "excuse me" I say walking to the door. Geez how many people are going to show up un announced.

I open the door revealing Chandler in a light blue shirt and a flower in his hand. "For you my lady" he says bending over and handing it to me.

"Come in, but I need to tell you something" I say.

Chandler looks a bit scared so I laugh to lighten the mood up. "Okay..." he says.

"So apparently-" I get cut off by someone yelling.

"Ashley whose this boy, and why is he in our house?" I hear Andy shout from the kitchen. I look to Chandler who looks disappointed and run to the kitchen where Derek is hold up in the corner of the room away from a bat wielding Andy.

"Andy! Put the bat down. This is Derek, he's my....how do I say it. He's my long lost brother who needs some help" I say with raised hands as a way to tell Andy to drop the bat.

Come to think of it when did Andy get a bat? Slowly but surely Andy lowers the bat with a small chuckle. "Oh sorry about that, we don't get a lot of random people showing up in our house. Maybe some crazy fans, but that's about it" he explains to Derek.

I look over the Chandler who looks relieved. Why would he be relieved, nothing happened. He turns and smiles at me going to sit on the couch with a remote in hand.

I shake my head knowing our house is where he hangs out a lot.

Andy helps Derek up who still looks shaken up by the whole thing, and we all sit down at the diner table.

"Alright, let's talk" Andy says looking over at us.