The Secret

Hermione

Hermione smiled and grabbed Draco's hand, pulling him out of the common room. The Fat Lady's eyes widened as she saw them running down the wide hall. She sputtered and fanned herself. "Never thought I'd see Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy in love!" She was such a drama queen, the Fat Lady.

By the time they were a minute away from their destination, Draco was panting and his face was red. "Where... are we... going...?" He said huskily. His question was answered when Hermione stopped abruptly and put his arm around her shoulders. "You'll see," She said quietly. She led him into the great hall and laid her head against his torso. "Granger, what are you--?" He tried to say before Hermione cut him off. "Follow my lead," she said in a hushed voice, looking up at him with a phony love struck look on her face. Hermione was a decent actress.

    She led him to the Gryffindor table and nodded toward two empty seats across from Harry, Ron and their girlfriends. Hermione noticed that everyone in the great hall had gone silent and everyone, including the professors, were staring at the two. Draco and Hermione sat down in the seats that she had nodded at. Harry and Ron shared a look of confusion.

    "What's going on here?" Ron said, completely bewildered. Then everything came together in Draco's mind, Hermione could tell when he smirked. "Well, since you two no longer have time for me, I decided I didn't care about whether or not you knew our little secret," she said, resting her hand on top on Draco's, "Draco and I are dating," She had a smirk that perfectly matched her "boyfriend's". Lavender gasped and Cho giggled. "I always knew you two would be cute together!" Harry's girlfriend exclaimed excitedly.

    Harry and Ron glared at Malfoy. They both had looks of disgust and infuriation written on their faces. They looked at Draco, then Hermione, then at their intertwined hands, then repeated, until Ron finally started laughing. "Hermione! You're lying! You're trying to get us to give you more attention! Okay, okay! We will! Yet, I don't understand how you got Draco in on your plan. Care to share?" He laughed uncontrollably. Hermione's ears turned red from a mixture of embarrassment and anger. Her voice shook as she spoke. "I most certainly am not!" She screeched, pounding her fist on the table like a toddler having a temper tantrum. Harry looked her in the eyes crossed his arms. "Prove it," he challenged. Hermione smirked and raised her eyebrow at Draco. Draco stared back at her and nodded. He knew what they needed to do.

    Draco laid his hand on the side of her face that the other four couldn't see and put the other on her lower back, pulling her closer. They both leaned in and their faces collided. Nothing else mattered. It was just the two of them in the middle of nothingness. The kiss intensified and Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck. She could hardly restrain her giggles when she heard Harry and Ron testifying and their forks dropping. In fact, there was clattering all over the great hall. Hermione didn't blame them for being surprised. She didn't see this coming, either. A Slytherin and a Gryffindor, maybe, but this was Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy!

    She pulled away, but let their faces linger next to each other for a moment. She grinned from ear to ear and laughed at all of her schoolmates. "Oh, stop! What, never seen people kiss before?" She joked. There were a few people that giggled, but most were busy gawking. There were even some people that had disgusted looks that matched the two boys in front of her. A smirk played on her lips. "Good enough for you or should I--?" She said to Harry with satisfaction. At the last word she pulled Draco closer again. "No, no, no! I-I get it!" Harry spat. Why was he angry?

     Hermione's face contorted in a confused way. "Why are you angry? I thought you'd be happy for us? Or at least for me? You always emphasized that I wouldn't get a boyfriend. Why are you angry that I did?" She raised her voice so loud that the teachers whom had returned to their dinner spun around. She had never told Harry and Ron-or anyone for that matter-about Todd. Ron scowled at Draco. "Because your bloody boyfriend is the enemy!" He bellowed. "The enemy!?" Draco shouted above them. He scoffed and grabbed Hermione by the arm, dragging her out of the great hall and muttering curse words to himself. Before they completely exited, Draco looked Harry dead in the eye and sneered. He pecked Hermione on the cheek again and chortled at Harry and Ron's angry expression. Hermione also wore a sneer that was actually scarier than Draco's! She had never really been this mean to anyone, ever. But, she was done being a doormat. Forever.