Professor, My Water Broke

Hermione

I sat between Ron and Harry, listening to Professor/Headmistress McGonagall drone on and on about. . . I didn't exactly know. I wasn't listening, for once. Bellatrix would be coming soon. Maybe even this week. The doctors told me she was healthy and that I was doing a good job keeping it that way. Everyone was positive that Ginny and I were pregnant now. We were slut-shamed for awhile, but they got over it fairly easily. They even congratulated us and threw us a double baby shower.

    My stomach touched my desk, even though I was leaning back in my chair. My pregnancy hormones kicked in as I felt someone kick the back of my chair. I turned around, now face-to-face with Lavender Brown. "Hey, Slut," She said. Okay, so most people were over it. I smiled a sarcastic smile. "Hey, bimbo," I retaliated. "When's that baby coming? Is there even a baby at all? Or are you just fat?" I glared at her and then McGonagall told me to pay attention. I shockingly rolled my eyes at the teacher, but she didn't seem fazed. I guess she understood hormones.

    All of a sudden, there was an immense pressure on my stomach, like someone had just thrown a bolder at me. I gasped, making everyone's heads turn to me. A loud popping noise erupted from my stomach and my hands flew up to it. "Merlin," I said as fluid flooded from me. I locked up and met Professor McGonagall's wide eyes. "Professor, my water broke," I moaned loudly. There was an eruption of talking and yelling as everyone crowded around me. My professor looked nervous, but stayed calm. "Mr. Potter, please go get Mr. Malfoy. He's in Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Slughorn," She commanded.

    "But-" Harry started. "Go," She hissed with an icy stare.  He looked annoyed, but ran out of the room, nonetheless. I gasped and groaned as my contractions started. My breathing came out shallow and Ron looked frantic. Seamus and Dean looked at each other. Seamus looked like he had no clue what to do, but Dean looked like he was ready to deal with it. He stepped forward, releasing Seamus' hand and grabbing mine instead. "Okay, Hermione. Do you think you'll be able to wait long enough for us to get you to the Hospital Wing or get Madam Promfrey? We can't floo you to St. Mungos because it might hurt the baby," He said.

    I gasped for air and shook my head quickly. "I've been studying to be a healer for years, but I may need help," He turned around, "Does anyone else know how to deliver a baby?" Nobody spoke as his eyes scanned over the crowd. "Damn. . ." He muttered. "Draco," I groaned. "He's coming soon, 'Mione," Ron reassured me. "No! He's been studying to become a healer for a long time," I all but screamed, making Ron jump. "Everyone get out. Only let Malfoy in when he and Harry come back. Professor, we'll need you to supervise in case something goes wrong," Dean commanded. I let out a scream.

    Everyone reluctantly filed out. A few minutes later, Draco came rushing in. "No questions, help me lay her down on the table," Dean said, grabbing my legs. Draco came forwards and grabbed under my arms. They lifted her, making me yell. "What are we going to do?" He asked frantically. Dean had a hard look in his eyes. "You're going to help me deliver this baby." It wasn't a question. I screamed again. Draco nodded and conjured up two pairs of gloves, tossing a pair to Dean. They put them on and got to work. McGonagall paced back and forth, her robes billowing behind her.

    - - -

    I let out one last ear-piercing screech before Dean said, "She's out!" He swaddled Bellatrix in a green blanket quickly so he could give the crying baby to my boyfriend. Draco cut the umbilical cord off with the stuff McGonagall had conjured up four hours ago. It was an eight-hour birth, but baby Bellatrix was worth it. Draco swished his wand and she was immediately clean. He handed her to me after getting a good look at his baby girl. He told himself he wouldn't cry, but he could feel the corners of his eyes prick painfully. As he looked at her wisps of blond hair and closed eyes, his vision blurred from tears. She was wailing, but she was beautiful.

    I looked at my baby and smiled. "She's so gorgeous," I said. Draco nodded slowly, grey eyes shining. I looked over and saw Professor McGonagall's eyes glistening and Dean hastily wipe a tear off of his cheek. I laughed delicately, cradling Bellatrix. "She's adorable," Dean commented. I grinned so wide I couldn't see. I had a baby with the Draco Malfoy. He loved me and I loved him. Who would have guessed that I, The Brains of the Golden Trio, would fall head-over-heels for the infamous school bully, who actually turned out to be a big ol' softy? This baby was a new chapter in our lives. An entirely new ordeal, filled with ups and downs, but it was my new life and I would be optimistic about it, no matter what happened. I was ready to start my adventure with my family.