The Malfoys

Hermione/Draco

    Hermione immediately felt the affects of side apparation. She covered her mouth and held her stomach. Draco held her hair back as she threw up in a bush. He cast a spell that would fix her mouth after she was done. She smiled weakly and looked into his stormy grey eyes. She remembered her first year at Hogwarts. Those eyes were like a drug to her. She studied them almost as much as she studied for N.E.W.T.S.

    She had almost been caught staring at him more than once. Repressed memories from the beginning of her time at Hogwarts all came flooding back to her at once. There was one that stood out from the rest, though.

    First year Hermione had been staring at Draco intently during dinner. She moved her salad around with her fork and tapped the base of her goblet, watching the pumpkin juice inside ripple joyfully. She stabbed one leaf of her salad and put in in her mouth disinterestedly. She stole another glance at Draco and this time, he had been looking back. They both blushed a deep crimson and returned to their food hastily. Finding a particular interesting spot on their plates that they could not seem to take their eyes off of. Pansy looked at Draco suspiciously. Then she looked at Hermione. She did this for about another minute until she came up with a conclusion. "Ohhh! Granger likes Draco and Draco likes Granger!" She sung in a high-pitched voice, loud enough for the entire Great Hall to hear. Draco and Hermione yelled in embarrassment and glared at Pansy. Pansy stuck her tongue out at them childishly and skipped out of the Great Hall. Maybe Pansy wasn't as dumb as everyone said she was, because it took Hermione and Draco another 5 years to figure out how right she really was.

    Draco waved his hand in his girlfriend's face. "Earth to Hermione? Hellooo?" He said loudly. Hermione looked around confusedly. "Wha--? OH! Sorry! I just remembered that time in the Great Hall from first year," She said sheepishly. Draco nodded and smiled at the memory. Then he remembered one of his own from his third year.

    Draco had stormed into Snape's office. "Professer!?" Draco had yelled. Snape peeked out for behind the door of a cupboard he had been rummaging in. He yelled in shock. "Mr. Malfoy! What a pleasant surprise!" He yelled. Draco smirked at leaned against the wall behind him. "I need to rant," He stated. Snape raised an eyebrow at him. "About what- or whom- may I ask?" Draco's smirk subsided. "Granger, of course!" He bellowed, "With her beautiful, bushy hair that I just want to run my hands through and those deep, chestnut eyes that I could stare at for hours! Oh, and don't get me started on her impeccable intelligence! And I just found out she has a fantastic puch!"She's bloody perfect and I love her!" Draco yelled angrily, not realizing what he had said. Sometimes he just let his mouth say what it pleased without giving it a second thought. Snape nodded and laughed airily. "Well, someone was bound to have the hots for Ms. Granger someday," The professor smiled. Draco blushed and ran out of the room, thinking about one person and one person only. Hermione Granger.

    Draco was stumped. Why would someone as wonderful as Hermione fall for someone as evil as him? Someone who was sure today would be the day that his father told him the date he would get his Dark Mark? The thought terrified him. Yet, he was intrigued. A trait he had picked up from Hermione. He twisted his lips and grabbed Hermione hand. He stared at the gravel path that led up to the Malfoy Manor. His eyes trailed the path until he saw the place that he came back to during summer vacations, in all it's glory. He dare not call it home in fear of it being taken away from him as soon as he said those five words. "I'm promised to Hermione Granger."

    He looked down at the girl who was looking up at the Manor with fear and nervousness. Yet, somehow, she was still completely willing to trudge up the path whenever Draco was ready. He grinned compassionately. "I love you. You know that, right? My brave beaver," Draco whispered to her. She looked up at him and her lips spread into a sarcastic smile, before quickly changing into the widest grin he'd ever seen. "I love you, too, my flying ferret," She said happily, giving his hand a squeeze. Draco laughed sarcastically and they started walking up the trail.

    Hermione and Draco chatted about nothing in particular for fifteen minutes before they reached their destination. They stood on the porch of Malfoy Manor, staring up at the large black doors. The house was beautiful and eerie. The girl stared at her in awe and her eyes traced the manor. Hermione looked down at her attire. "Do I look okay?" She said while brushing off imaginary fuzz from her jumper. She was wearing a tan formal sweater with a white collar, a black skirt covered in darker black polka-dots that went mid-thigh, pearl stud earrings, and black flats. Her hair was in a bun and her bangs covered the top right half of her face. She didn't wear any makeup. She hardly ever did. Boy, was that decision making her self-conscious at that moment.

    Draco, with no one to impress, wore a causal white jumper, black jeans, and black Converse. His blond hair was messy and looked like he hadn't even brush it. But he had. He claimed he was going for the 'I woke up like this' look. He had it so much easier than Hermione!

    He laughed and linked arms with his girlfriend who was now ranting about how she should have worn at least worn a little makeup and how her hair looked like she had just battled The Dark Lord with her bare hands. He frowned at the latter, but comforted her nonetheless.

    "Hermione, darling. You always look beautiful," Draco soothed her. Hermione pecked him on the cheek. Draco smirked an raised his hand.

   Knock

    Knock

    Knock

    Shuffling could be heard from inside of the manor. A small voice rang out before the doors swung open. Hermione raised her eyebrow. There was nobody there. "Hello! Young Master Malfoy and Ms Hermione Granger! Come in, come in!" A voice without a body said. Hermione peered into the house. She couldn't see anybody. And then Draco spoke.

    "Rose!" He exclaimed. Hermione finally got the common sense to look down and she saw a house elf. She had large pointed ears that stuck out directly from the sides of her heads, pale pink wrinkly skin, big green eyes, and large hooked nose, and long eyelashes that touched her forehead.

    She wore a long red dress and red flats. Wow. Hermione wasn't expecting Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy to treat their house elf so wonderfully. She really was a sight for sore eyes. . . for a house elf. Hermione smiled down at her. "Hello. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," The bushy-haired girl said. She leaned down and stuck out her hand.

    Rose blushed and happily shook her hand. After Hermione had straightened herself, Rose stood aside and let the couple go inside. Draco grinned at the house elf and they walked through the door. They were immediately met with the smell of food entering their noses and commotion filling their ears.

    Hermione gave Draco an inquisitive look and he returned it with a confused shrug. Where was all that noise coming from? "Do your parents have a telly?" She asked. Draco furrowed his eyebrows. "A what?" He said without realizing he had answered her question. Hermione sighed and shook her head. "Nothing, nevermind," She said.

    Draco frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. Hermione giggled and Draco laughed in spite of himself. His look turned back to cold as he gripped Hermione's hand. "Oh, Merlin," He thought, looking into his dining room. It was all of the Malfoys, Lestranges, and Gethens. Hermione gasped and her hand clamped over her mouth.

    "Draco, I thought your parents were the only ones supposed to be here," Hermione said in a hurried whisper. Draco bit his lip and held her hand tighter. She let out a deep breath.

    "Let's do this," Hermione said calmly.