Babies

Hermione

    "Hey, Draco. . ." I muttered. He stirred a bit from his sleep. He grunted. I took that as 'Yeah?' I put my hand on my stomach. "Have you ever thought about having kids?" I asked. He nodded. "Of course," He said. "Oh, good. I want kids, too. Soon. Maybe in the next two years?" I said.

    His eyes shot open. "That soon? Hermione, we're returning to Hogwarts soon! That'll be a year gone! We'll only get one year to ourselves! Besides, we're only seventeen! We'll only be nineteen in two years," He exclaimed. I laughed airily. "Yeah. You're right," I agreed. He shrugged. "I mean, if you were to get pregnant it would be great, but I don't know if we should do anything on purpose just yet," He explained to be.

    "You're rambling. It's fine, Draco," I said. I yawned. "D'you think breakfast is ready yet?" I asked. We'd been staying in the Burrow since the end of school. In two days, we would be heading back to Hogwarts to repeat our seventh year. I stretched in the bed, hitting the wall with my hand. I winced and cradled my hand.

    I wave of nausea fell over me and I sprinted to the bathroom, the Burrow's floor quaking beneath me. "I threw up in the toilet and let a tear drip down my face. I stood up and looked into the mirror, wiping gunk off my lip. I pulled out my wand reluctantly and uttered a spell. My worst fears were deemed true. I wailed as my stomach turned pink. I was seventeen and pregnant. I was a teenage mom. I wasn't even married to Draco yet!

It had been an accident. I meant to put the contraceptive spell on, I really did! It was the night after the war. We were excited, so we had a little fun, so what? It all happened so quickly, I just. . . forgot. What if he hated me? He said it would be awesome if I was pregnant, but did he really mean it? He wasn't really one to lie about stuff like that. He spoke his mind.

I had to tell him, even if he broke up with me. I read somewhere that if two muggle-borns had a baby, it would take seven months for it to be born, if two half-bloods had a baby, five months, if two purebloods had a baby, three months. If it was a mix, you would subtract them. Seven months minus three months is four months. I had been pregnant for about two months.

Two months left. I sat on the floor and sobbed. "Ginny!" I screamed, pulling my knees up to my chest. I heard footsteps racing through the house, a "Move, Blaise!", and a heavy thud. Probably Ginny knocking down the unsuspecting Italian. The footsteps stopped for just a moment before starting again. I imagined she stopped in front of George's room, just staring at the door. The pranking god was broken without his twin. He occasionally wrote letters to Angelina Johnson, his girlfriend, who was attempting to cheer him up about the loss of his twin, or so we thought.

I saw him once as he walked to the bathroom in the middle of the night. He was unhealthily thin. He looked like a skeleton. No one could comprehend why he would only talk to Angelina. Not yet, anyway. We would soon, though. Ginny burst through the door, panting. "What. . . need?" She breathed heavily.

    I sobbed harder and the fiery red head shut the door. "What happened, 'Mione?" She asked, sinking to the floor and wrapping her arms around me, her crying friend. I rested my head on Ginny. "I'm pregnant," I whispered before bursting into tears again. "What?" She squealed excitedly. "Ginny, I'm seventeen! I'm underage!" I yelled.

    Ginny stood up and put a hand on her hip. "I think you're forgetting something," She said. I looked at her strangely. "What?" I asked. The redhead giggled. "You become of age at seventeen in the wizarding world," She rolled her eyes playfully. My jaw dropped. "I forgot!" I yelled, jumping up off the ground. I grabbed Ginny's hands before casting a wandless silencing charm on the room.

    "I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant!" I sang as I danced around the room. "She's pregnant, she's pregnant," Ginny sang along, spinning me around. We laughed and used toothbrushes as microphones. Draco said it would be great if I was pregnant, right? So it'd be fine. We jumped as someone knocked on the door.

    "Hermione? Are you still in there? George has an announcement."

* * *

    Everyone sat in the living room, most on the floor. I leaned against Draco as George cleared his throat. He spoke in a mere croak from limiting speaking. "Want me to beat around the bush or get to the point?" Everyone chanted, "Get to the point!" He closed his eyes.

    "I have a child," He said. Mrs. Weasley just about fainted. "Since when?" I asked. He sighed. "Three years ago. He's been staying with Angelina's parents. His name is Fred Weasley II," He confessed. Mr. Weasley held onto his wife as she sputtered and Ron looked outraged. Draco and Blaise just looked confused and Ginny and I were looking at each other knowingly. Bill, Charlie, Fleur, and Harry looked a bit hurt.

    "Why?" Mr. Weasley asked. George shook his head. "We were only fifteen. We were scared," He said, a tear dripping from his eye. "Why are you just telling us now?" Ron fumed. George smiled. "Angelina and I want you to meet him. He's upstairs," He said. Mrs. Weasley scrambled up. "Well, let's go, then, he haven't got all day!" She screeched, attempting to hide her amusement.

    "I'll bring him here," George said, walking up the stairs. Anticipation hung in the air. He came back downstairs minutes later, followed by Angelina and holding a little boy on his hip. I gasped. He was the spitting image of Fred and George. The same scruffy orange hair, freckled face, brown eyes, and pale skin. He had Angelina's nose, small ears, and adorable smile.

    Mrs. Weasley, who had been standing the entire time, rushed forward and scooped up the baby. "Oh, hello, Fred," She cooed. He looked up at her with big brown eyes. He settled into the crook of her neck and she smiled warmly. "Oh, dear," She said.

    "Angie's parents raised him very well. Of course, I visited as much as I could. Which, surprisingly, was quite often. We had a huge fight over what to name him. In the end, we chose Fred. It was going to be like a surprise for him, but now it's more like a memorial."

    George looked at his feet and Angelina wrapped an arm around him. "It's okay. He's in a better place now. He would be so proud of you," She said, putting her hand on his cheek and making him look at her. He smiled sadly. "I love you, Angie," He said. "I love you, too," She breathed. George pulled away from her, but still faced her. He took a deep breath before sinking down onto one knee.

    The entire family cried out in excitement when he pulled out a velvet black box. "Angelina Johnson, I've been in love with you since fourth year. I've never been one to show it, but love makes you do crazy things. And, God, I love you with all of my heart. Once, you asked me if there was anything I'd want to change about you. I said no, that's a lie. I want to change your last name," He said as he popped open the box.

    She beamed at him. "Really? It's not going to explode or anything?" She asked skeptically. He rolled his eyes playfully. "No," He told her. She nodded her head. "Yes!" She said. He smiled and slipped the ring onto her finger. He immediately stood up and hugged a crying Angelina. Everyone in the Burrow clapped, even Crookshanks, Pig, and Cassius looked ecstatic.

    I waited until everyone had calmed down before standing up. "I have an announcement, as well."