It'll be Alright

Sorry for the gigantic time skip. I just felt like they were in sixth year for WAY too long.

Hermione

    "You complete arse, Ronald Weasley!" I yelled, storming up to the red head. Hey was all he said? HEY?  Harry, Ron, and I had been hunting for horcruxes when one day the slimy git just disappears! It's bad enough that Draco had to become a deatheater to protect me, but now everyone is disappearing?

    I was appalled. I hadn't seen Draco in four months. I missed him. We fought a lot over whether or not he should get the Dark Mark. In the end, he won. Dumbledore was gone. Draco had helped, (Unwillingly, of course) but Snape had pulled the trigger, or rather, cast the spell.

    It made my heart ache thinking of my ferret. How much pain he must be in. Whether or not he's even still alive. . . No! My thoughts mustn't travel there. I needed to stay strong. . . For him. . .

* * *

    "Harry," I whispered. "What?" He snapped, immediately looking guilty. "I'm sorry. I'm just--" He started. "I know," I assured him. He had been snippy ever since he crucioed Blaise. He was reading a book on the imperious curse. I knew he would never hurt Blaise.

    I leaned on his shoulder and he leaned on my head. "I miss him, Harry," I confided. He sighed. "I know, Hermione. You'll see him soon enough," He said in a hushed voice, as if I was a vase that needed to be treated with great delicacy. In a way, I kind of was.

    Tears cascaded down my face and Harry became to rub circles into my back. "What if he. . . If he. . ." I trailed off. He was silent for some thirty seconds. "It's going to be okay, 'Mione," He breathed, hugging me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and knew Ron must have come into the tent.

    "It's okay. He's tough. He'll make it. You just need to be brave," The Weasley told me. I sniffed and he wrapped his arms around me. "I just want my boyfriend back," I said, my voice strained. "I know," They whispered in unison.

  Draco

    I cried out as the Dark Lord crucioed me again. "Tell me where they are," He hissed, his wand tip pressed into my back. "I don't know!" I yelled, my eyes shut tight. He wanted to know where the Golden Trio was. I honestly didn't know, not that I would tell even if I did. He growled and shot another crucio at me.

    "Draco, you know you're my prized deatheater, but I will not hesitate to feed you to Nagini," He said in an oddly calm tone. I writhed on the floor. I was on fire. I had to be. I felt like my very bones just burst into flames. "Just tell me where they are. I promise I won't kill them," He said. "Liar," I replied.

    He sneered at me and glided out of the dining room. When this is over, when the light side wins, I'm going to never let Hermione out of my sight again. I heard the clicking of footsteps. "Draco! Oh, my dear boy!" My mother screeched. My father took my face in his hands, but I couldn't see him. My vision was blurred.

    "Draco! Please get up!" Auntie Bella cried, running her long fingers through my hair. "Draco, if you die I'll never get grandchildren and I won't allow that, so get your butt up!" My mother shouted, her voice cracking. Of course she would be thinking about grandchildren at a time like this.

    "I don't think you'll have to wait too long after that wretched war," I had already picked out names. Adelaide for a girl, Sirius for a boy. Hermione always said she preferred the name Scorpius, but we'll worry about that later. Mother put her hand on my cheek. "You're only seventeen, dear. You have at least six more years," She said.

    I groaned. I wanted kids! "Why do we even need to be deatheaters?" I choked. Everyone in the room frowned. "As you know, your father was a deatheater quite awhile ago. The Dark Lord would kill me, you, Bellatrix, your father, and now that you're in love with her, Hermione- though he wants to kill her anyway because of her blood- if we went against him. You know that, dearest," My mother said, pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I would rather die than fight for the dark side, but I love my family and Hermione too much. I have to protect you all," I declared. Auntie Bella smiled. "It's going to be okay, Draco. We're going to be alright, but you should have seen Samara and Salem's faces when the Dark Lord called you in here to be interrogated! They were frightened for you," She said.

I scoffed. "No. They probably just thought they were next," I said slowly. My father smirked. "I'm sure," He said, receiving a glare from my mother and aunt. He threw up his hands in defense. "The boy had a point!" He exclaimed. They rolled their eyes. "Whatever," Auntie Bella said.

* * *

I gave Hermione a look that said 'Please don't say anything.' as I approached the Dark Lord. I tried to hide the horrified look on my face, but to no avail, it shone through. A tear glided down Hermione's face and Ron pulled her into a side hug. I looked back at the noseless man in front of me.

Her opened his arms and I reluctantly stepped into them. It was a one-sided hug. It took all of my courage not to flinch away when his spindly arms wrapped around me. I looked to my parents and Auntie Bella. They stared at me with sad eyes. My father mouthed a 'I'm sorry.' and I nearly broke down.

Hermione

I opened my mouth. I had to do something! I couldn't just let Draco throw away his life. . . but I didn't know what to do. Harry was the Chosen One. Not me. Tears pricked my eyes. "Please, Harry. Please pull though," I whispered.

* * *

I squeezed my eyes shut as Nagini unhinged his mouth, his sharp fangs showing. I pushed my head into the crook of Ron's neck, ready for impact, but it never came. I opened my eyes a tiny bit. There was a cloud of black. . . something. . . and Neville had a long sword in his hand.

Nagini lay on the floor, decapitated. I nudged Ron excitedly and shot up. I ran towards our savior and hugged him tightly. "Thank you," I said. Then I remembered Harry. I looked around frantically, then I saw a cloud of what seemed to be black embers. I raced towards it. "Please let that not be what happens when the Chosen One dies," I prayed.

I skidded to a halt when I saw Harry, wand in hand and panting heavily. He was okay! But where was snake-snout? And Draco? I began to panic as I ran towards the Boy-Who-Just-Wouldn't-Die. "Where's Voldemort?" I exclaimed. He took a deep breath in. "I did it. I killed him," I beamed and hugged him. I felt three more pairs of arms wrap around us. I turned around. Ron and. . . "Draco!" I shouted.

He looked at me and smiled. "Yeah?" He teased. Tears formed in my eyes and he pulled me into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist. "I knew we would he okay," He whispered against my mouth before capturing my lips with his again.