Gethens, Lestranges, and Malfoys, Oh My

Hermione/Draco

    Hermione gripped Draco's hand with everything she had. He groaned as he stared into his dining room. The Lestranges and the Malfoys he could stand, but not the Gethens. They were family friends. And they were annoying. Especially their 15-year-old twins, Samara and Salem.

    Samara was obsessed with Draco. She couldn't get enough of him. Salem was a cocky little git that reminded Draco of him in his younger days. Their parents encouraged their awful behavior which included insults, vandalism, and anything else you can think of.

    But Draco hadn't seen them for years! They moved to France when they turned eleven and Draco twelve to go to Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. He hadn't heard from then since. Not that Draco was complaining. Samara and Salem looked up as the couple walked inside.

    The adults were engaged in conversation and didn't notice the rhythmic tapping of their shoes across the wooden floor. "Draky! I've missed you, my love!" Samara said. Draco was angry and shocked. Angry at the fact that Samara hadn't grown out of the obsession phase, and shocked at the thick French accent she had grown. He didn't really know what he had been expecting. They did live in France for four years.

    Hermione grimaced and looked at Draco coldly. "We aren't dating. She's just infatuated with me," He explained smugly. Hermione rolled her eyes and nodded, looking back at the twins. Samara took both of them by surprise and jumped into Draco's arms. Draco dropped her by accident and she crashed onto the ground. "Why'd you drop me?" She exclaimed.

    "Because he's too weak," Salem said with a matching accent. Hermione scoffed and sneered at Salem. "He's played Quidditch for four years. I'd say he's quite strong. He just didn't want your imbecile of a sister in his arms. He might catch something if he gets too close to her," She snapped. Draco's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. He wasn't expecting such bluntness out of her.

    Samara narrowed her eyes. "And who might you be?" She said dryly, running a hand through her pitch black bob-cut. Her light brown skin and dark brown eyes shone in the light of the candles on the table. Hermione watched her thin body rise  from the ground and slink into a nearby chair with pure hatred.

    Salem crossed his arms and leaned back so his back was pressed against the back of his chair. His skin was a little darker than his sister's and he had a dark black fringe and muscular figure. "That's obviously Hermione Granger, Sam," He said in an annoyed voice. Samara stuck her tongue out at him and frowned sarcastically.

    Salem chuckled to himself. Samara slowly stood up and stalked towards Hermione. "Pretty little mudblood, aren't you? Not as pretty as me, though," She added, pushing a loose strand of Hermione's hair behind her ear. Hermione cringed away and huddled into Draco.

    Draco shook his head and put a hand on his hip. "Still the same dense girl from when we were kids, eh?" He said. Hermione giggled, but her smile soon faded as the adults took notice of them. Bellatrix was first. She walked towards the power couple drunkenly.

    "A mudblood? Did you bring her here for me to play with, Draky?" She said with her wand raised. Draco shook his head repeatedly. "No, Auntie," He said hurriedly. Bellatrix put her wand away with disappointment. "So why is she here?" She said through gritted teeth. Hermione shuddered and prepared herself to run out of the house if needed.

    Draco sighed and snaked an arm around Hermione. "She's my girlfriend," He stated firmly. The adults- who had been listening to their conversation and watching the three- gasped. Bellatrix sneered and pulled out her wand once again.

    "Expelliarmus," Someone from behind her said. Bellatrix's wand was immediately launched out of her hand and flew into Narcissa Malfoy's. "Cissy!" Bellatrix whined like a toddler having a temper tantrum. Narcissa tutted and turned to Hermione. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms Granger. I've heard so much about you," She said, extending her hand.

    "The p-pleasure is all m-mine, Mrs Malfoy," Hermione stuttered, shaking her hand. Her palms were clammy and her hand was shaking profusely. Mrs Malfoy smiled. "Call me Narcissa, dear," She said and waved over her husband gracefully. Hermione could see where Draco inherited his good looks. Mrs Malfoy was a beautiful woman.

    Lucius Malfoy could be heard striding over to them, but Hermione was staring off into space, watching a bird outside of a window. Such strange things, animals. They didn't care who you were or what you were if you had something they wanted. The bird splashed happily in a birdbath and flew around the trees in the garden.

    "Crucio!" Hermione jumped and stumbled backwards. She gasped as she hit a wall in her haste. She felt Draco bump into her, as well. She closed her eyes and got ready for impact. But it never came. She reluctantly opened her eyes.

    "Wait a minute. . . you don't even have your wand!" Hermione said, face-palming. Mr. Malfoy laughed. "I was just messing with you two," He said. Draco and Hermione sighed with relief and chuckled. "Why are you so okay with this?" Draco asked his parents. Mrs. Malfoy shrugged. "It was bound to happen, dearest," She said. Draco's jaw dropped and Hermione's ears turned pink.

    "Besides, I made a bet with your aunt. I told you it would happen, Bella! Now you owe me 5 galleons," Mr. Malfoy said, holding out his hand. Bellatrix scowled and nudged her husband, Rodolphus Lestrange. He groaned and pulled out a handful of coins from his pocket, handing them to Lucius hesitantly.

    Mr. Malfoy grinned and stuffed the galleons in his pockets. He then turned to Hermione. "It's a pleasure to meet you properly, Hermione," He said. The girl smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Mr. Malfoy," She said cheerfully, holding out her hand. Lucius shook it. "Call me Lucius," He said. His face scrunched up and he looked down at Hermione's hand. "Oh, Merlin! Already?! You two sure do move fast," He exclaimed, tapping Hermione's ring with his thumb.

    Hermione quickly pulled her hand away and waved her hands in the air. "No! We're not engaged!" She said quickly. Draco nodded hastily. Lucius pointed to his ring finger. "Then what is that?" He asked.

    "Well. . . we're promised to each other! Oh! Don't faint, mother!" Draco said, watching his mother sway back and forth. "But I'm so excited!" She said weakly, clapping her hands together before letting them dangle and her sides. "I'll just. . . I'll just sit down," She said slowly.

She plopped down on a chair and Lucius laughed. "Congratulations, Draco. You managed to get a very great girl," He said. Draco and Hermione smiled.

Maybe this won't be so bad...