Happy

Ginny

    On the train. . .

    "Oh, Ron! You let your chocolate frog get out of the window! This is the fourth time today!" Ginny exclaimed. Ron scowled at the chocolate frog that had just jumped out of his hands and launched itself out the window.

    "I'm not buying you anymore, mate," Harry drawled. Ron's lips pursed and he crossed his arms over his chest. Harry and Ginny laughed heartily.

    "I should probably go. Lavender will have my head if I don't go to visit her," Ron stated, standing up. "I don't know why you're with her," Ginny remarked, rolling her eyes. Ron shrugged and opened the compartment door.

    "I should head out, too. Cho must be waiting," Harry smiled fondly. Ginny frowned and looked at the ground. "Yeah. Yeah, okay," She said quietly. Harry and Ron gave her a confused look before leaving the compartment, shutting the door behind them.

    Ginny sniffed and placed her head in her hands. She wasn't good enough. She would never be. She cried into her hands for a couple of minutes before regaining control. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

    She saw the almost indistinguishable faces of Zabini and Parkinson peering through the blurry window. Her face contorted as she roughly wiped away her tears. Though she knew that her eyes were red and puffy. But she really didn't care at the moment.

    "Come on in," She yelled, her voice cracking noticeably. Zabini slid open the door and stepped inside. "Hey, Weaslette. Where are Potter and Weasley?" He inquired. She sighed and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"With their girlfriends," She growled. Blaise nodded. "Same with Pansy and Draco," He said. Ginny looked him in the eyes. "Shouldn't you be with yours?" She said flatly. "Don't have one," Zabini said matter-of-factly.

She blushed and nodded to the seat in front of her. "Sit down," She smiled. At least someone understood her. He happily obliged. "Where are you going for the holidays?" She asked. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm just here to see Pansy and Draco off, then I'm going back to Hogwarts. My parents are on a business trip in the United States," He said.

Ginny nodded solemnly. "I heard things were falling apart over there," She said with a giggle. Blaise laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "That's why they're there. They're going to get rid of the current president. I don't know how, though," He said.

Ginny smiled. "You should come with us for the holidays," She said. She quickly clamped her hand over her mouth. Oh, my God. She just invited Blaise Zabini to her house! But. . . for some odd reason. . . she didn't regret it. She knew he was going to say no. She bawled up her fists and felt her cheeks go warm, getting ready for rejection.

"Sure. Thanks, Weaslette. I'll see you when we get to the platform," He said. And with that, he left. Leaving a very confused and strangely enough, happy Ginny Weasley,