The Plan

Draco

Hermione slipped Draco a note as he walked in transfiguration "fashionably late", as he called it. He slid into his seek and shot Blaise a sheepish grin. He was not happy with him for "dating" Granger. Neither was Weaslette. Less than an hour after the "Great Hall Incident" she came trotting up to Draco with her wand pointed at him.

"I swear to you, if you hurt Hermione I will hex you before you can even say 'defensive charm'! Do I make myself clear?!" She had screeched, her wand pressed to his chest. She had been sick the day of the Great Hall Incident and had been sleeping in her dorm. But as soon as Hermione told her, she came bursting out of the Gryffindor common room. Draco's lips formed into a sneer as he said "Why don't you tell you dim witted brother and Potter that?" She looked surprised for a moment, then she looked like she was contemplating something, and then she nodded. "You're right. Bye, Malfoy," She said softly, turning away. Draco gaped at her but then quickly continued to his class. Did she just agree with him? "Malfoy charms," He had thought to himself.

He winked at Hermione and she turned away, blushing. She had been hoping Draco wouldn't notice her staring, waiting for him to read her letter. He unfolded it and his eyes scanned the paper. It was a small piece of parchment and the words were written in cursive.

THE PLAN

1.) Get Ginny and Blaise on our side
2.) Start showing affection towards each other more often in public
3.) Make sure that Pansy, Ron, and Harry see
4.) Act cold towards them. Shouldn't be hard for you
5.) Make them jealous
6.) Fake a horrible breakup
7.) Get our friends back

She was mental! But, he wasn't one to talk. So was he. Draco laughed loudly, causing everyone in the room to turn in their chairs and face him. He quickly shoved the note into his robes and looked around. "Sorry," he muttered quietly, running his hands through his platinum blonde hair. He locked eyes with Pansy for a moment, but immediately looked away, right before Pansy mouthed "I'm sorry," to him. She had a disappointed look in her eyes as she turned away. Would she ever get a chance to apologize? Maybe even explain herself. She wanted her and Draco to be friends. Just not... lovers.

He rubbed the back of his neck and turned opened his textbook as Professor McGonagall had just told them to turn to page 394.

Ginny

She never realized how much she liked Harry Potter. That is, until he got with Cho. Ginny hated her. Despised her, even. Hermione, her best friend, had tried to cheer her up. She had told Ginny that she didn't like Cho that much, either. Too much of a girly girl. Funny how things turn out. Ginny Weasley against Cho Chang and Hermione Granger against Lavender Brown. Ha. No. No, it's not funny at all. It's horrible. Ginny hated it, herself, even. Was she not good enough? Maybe it was because of her age...? No. Cho was a grade ahead of Harry and he was dating her. Maybe he only dated older girls? But, she would get Harry. It just took time.

Ginny stood in front of her mirror with mounds of makeup that Hermione had lent her in front of her. Ginny didn't really use makeup. Well, she used to. But she always used spells to do it, like most of the wizarding world. But, that was when she was a little girl. She didn't remember any of them now. She sighed and picked up a small tube with a skin-colored substance inside of it. She read the small label and raised an eyebrow. "Concealer?" She said, confused. She frowned as she realized she'd never get the hang of this.

After 5 minutes of trying to work out what any of that was, she gave up. "Hermione!" She yelled. Moments later she heard a soft knocking on the door. "Need some help?" Hermione chuckled from behind it. "Yeah..." Ginny sighed and Hermione came into the bathroom. "Ah! Concealer!" She said, "Good start." Ginny nodded and handed her the tube. Hermione leaned over and grabbed a small white sponge-thing. Ginny's face contorted as Hermione put a small amount of the substance on the back of her hand, and then stuck the sponge in it. "Relax your face," She said as she started to dab the sponge on her face.

"Anddd, done!" Hermione yelled. Ginny grinned and looked at the mirror. "Woah," She whispered. She lightly poked her face. Her eyelashes were dark and long, with black marks around them. Ginny had been quite terrified when Hermione put the 'eyeliner' near her face. I mean, who could really blame her. It looked like a pencil! And it tickled when it was placed on her waterline. Then she had put a tan liquid on her nose, her chin, her forehead, her cheek bones, and even above her lip. "Oh, 'mione! That's too dark for my skin!" She had said. "Don't worry, It's supposed to be! It's called 'contour,'" The brown-haired girl had explained. Ginny nodded and let her continue.

Her lips looked larger than usual and they were painted a pale pink that was very similar to her original color. Her usually small and pale eyebrows looked a bit darker and arched. She wasn't one to brag, but she looked stunning! She felt tears form in the back of her eyes and she threw her arms around her best friend. Hermione felt a tear drip down her back and she giggled. "It's a good thing I used the waterproof makeup, eh?" Ginny laughed and hugged her tighter.

Blaise

Blaise had always had a little crush on Ginny. Why wouldn't he? She was perfect. Smart, funny, friendly, sassy, and not to mention gorgeous. That's why he was so surprised when she walked into class with pounds of makeup on. She looked pretty without it, but it was her decision what she wore- not his. Blaise gawked at her. So did every other person in the Great Hall. Including Draco. Blaise elbowed him and he snapped back to attention. "Granger," He reminded him. Draco sighed and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I was just looking," He said, "I love Hermione." Blaise smiled and continued to sneak glances at Ginny. But, he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right between his best friend and Granger.