The Meet Up

I woke up to my alarm on my phone. I turned my alarm off and sat up and found myself asleep on Jason couch. He was always like another father figure to me I could always count on him. I got up and made him breakfast before walking out to my car. I made a short drive to my building and parked my car in my reserved spot. I walked up to the building and greeted the doorman bowing my head a little in greeting. I got into the elevator and pressed the number forty button. As I walked into my office I grabbed my morning coffee from my assistant Kate. "How did the appointment go ma'am?" she asked with an anxious look on her face. "It didn't go as I planned but everything will be okay Kate" I replied with a smile "and I told you a thousand times call me y/n". "okay y/n but we'll talk more about this at lunch" she said with a stern voice. I let out a small chuckle and nodded my head. I was so busy in my work that I didn't notice it was already two o'clock in the afternoon. I took my glasses off and rubbed my eyes letting out a sigh. I decided to take a break and leaned back in my chair closing my eyes. I don't know how long I had been resting before I heard Kate walk in and say it was time to go home. She looked at me with so much sympathy in her eyes that I felt bad for telling her but I didn't want her finding out from anyone but me. I grabbed my things and turned off the lamp on my desk and accompanied Kate to her car before getting in mine and going home. As I walked through the door I heard my phone ding indicating me I had a message. I didn't bother looking at my phone and went to the kitchen to grab a beer. I grabbed my phone off the counter and sat down on my couch turning on the television to watch some news. "This world is so fucked up" I thought to myself. My phone went off again and I decided I should check it just in case. It was a text from Lauren. "Hey y/n I was wondering if you wanted to go and get lunch tomorrow?" a smile instantly came to my face as I thought of the green eyed beauty. "Lunch would be amazing see you tomorrow at 12?". I waited impatiently for her reply and a few minutes later my phone went off again. "12 is perfect see you tomorrow cutie" I have never blushed so much than I have in this moment. I sat there thinking to myself about how tomorrow would go but then it all came crashing down on me and one thing was in my mind. "I cant fall for her".