The Drive

I woke up the next morning with a hangover. I sat up on the couch and immediately ran to the bathroom. I proceeded to brush my teeth and hop in the shower getting ready for the day ahead. I got dressed in my sweats and hoodie and headed to work.

I entered my office and was greeted by Kate who had a bright smile on her face which instantly made me smile. I sat down at my desk and turned on my desktop and proceeded to go through the emails I had from our clients. A few hours later Kate walked in and told me it was time for lunch.

"Can you please go and get me lunch I have a lot of emails to go through Kate" I said with a small smile. "Okay I'll be back y/n" and with that she was gone and I got back to work. About thirty minutes later Kate came back with my lunch and told me to take a break to eat which knowing her she wouldn't let me work until I was done eating. After I got done with lunch I went back to work but as soon as I got back into rhythm my phone stated ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Lauren.

"Hey Lauren what's up?" I said sounding confused as to why she was calling me.

"Hey y/n um I was wondering if you could come pick me up right now my car broke down and I didn't know who else to call" she said sounding a little nervous.

"Yeah of course I'll be right there just text me the address" I could hear her sigh in relief and with that I hung up and grabbed my hoodie and left my office telling Kate I would be back shortly.

About thirty five minutes later I arrived at the address Lauren sent me and seeing as it was the only car in the lot I figured it was hers. I walked up to the car and knocked on the window and a few seconds later she stepped out of the car.

"Thank you so much y/n I don't know what happened it just wont start" she said sounding frustrated.

"Do you mind popping the hood and trying to start it?" I asked. She looked at me for a second before getting back in her car and doing as I asked. I listened to the engine and realized her battery wasn't working and saw a belt was broken. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called a tow truck to come pick up her car.

"Okay well I called a tow truck for you and I'm having them take your car to my mechanic to get looked at but until then I'm gonna give you a ride" I said with a smile. She looked at me in disbelief and I let out a small chuckle.

"Come on cutie" I grabbed her bag for her and helped her out of the car. we started walking to my car before I realized she stopped walking and was starring at my car with her mouth open.

"Is everything okay?" I asked sounding worried

"This is your car?" she said while pointing at my matte black Camaro.

"Yeah now come on i don't want you getting sick in this weather" i said with a serious tone.

I opened the door for as she sat down in the passenger seat and walked to the drivers side and got in. I put my seatbelt on and proceeded to drive back to my office to grab the rest of my things. As I was driving I could feel Lauren starring at me. I looked over at her and she immediately blushed and looked away. I pulled into the garage of my office building and got out with Lauren following. We reached my floor and got out she had a look of surprise on her face and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Kate I'm just gonna call it day, tell everyone they can go home early" I said with a smile. Kate gave me a small smile and began to do as I said. I walked into my office holding the door open for Lauren who paused for a moment in the door way taking in my office before taking a seat on the couch in the far right corner of my office. I begin packing my bag putting the files I needed to finish tonight in there before grabbing my laptop. I looked up at Lauren and found her standing infront of my book case running her fingers across the books with her head tilted slightly. "Why is she beautiful when shes not doing anything?" I thought to myself. I snapped out of my thoughts and cleared my throat.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her softly. She sent me a small smile while nodding her head. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the door. Lauren following behind me with a curious look on her face. We made it back to my car and we got in. I plugged my phone into the aux chord and 'Why Don't You Love M by Hot Chelle Rae" started playing and I immediately looked at Lauren who was already looking at me. I cleared my throat and looked away starting the car and beginning to the drive to her house. Neither of us spoke the whole time but I could feel her looking at me every now and then but I never dared to look at her. I pulled into her drive way and put my car in park looking down at my lap.

"Thank you for the ride y/n I really appreciate it" I looked up at her and saw a small smile on her face.

"No problem Lauren just call me if you ever need anything Ill be there okay?" I responded with a soft tone. She gave me a small shy smile before leaning over and placing a kiss on my cheek before grabbing her bag and getting out. I made sure she made it inside her house before touching my cheek where she kissed me and then I realized that the one thing I didn't want me doing is happening. "I'm falling for her" I felt my heart ache knowing that I cant fall for her.