The Jet

I opened the door to reveal my old best friend Logan. She had a nervous smile on her face as she gave  me a small wave. After everything she did I never wanted to see her again. I decided I didn't have time for this and closed the door in her face. Its her fault my family and me are torn apart. She caused me so much pain that I had tried to end my life. I walked back to the bedroom and saw Lauren sitting in the same spot with a worried look on her face. I cleared my throat to get her attention and gave her a reassuring smile to which she let out a sigh of relief. I walked towards her and sat down thinking of what I should do. Should I ask her to go with me or should I just leave her here by herself with everything that's going on.

"Lauren theres an emergency I need to take care of out of state and I don't wanna leave you here alone so would you like to go on a little trip?" I asked with a small voice. Truth is Lauren is changing me in ways I thought no one could. I was never nervous or shy but when it came to the girl sitting next to me it was different.

"I'd love to go on a little trip but I don't have money for a ticket or anything" She said with disappointment. I let out a small laugh. Even now that she knows I have money she still thinks she needs to pay. Its one of the things I like about her even knowing that I'm a millionaire she doesn't care about it. She treats me the same as before.

"You don't have to worry just pack a bag for a couple days and Ill take care of the rest" I patted her knee and stood up walking out and going to my office. I sat down at my desk and turned my computer on and contacting some people. I emailed the people about Laurens surprise and told them I would be picking it up next week when I returned. I called my pilot right after and told him the plans and he agreed to be at the airport in two hours with the jet. After I made the calls and plans I got up and left my office locking the door behind me and going into my bedroom. I walked into my walk in closet and grabbed a suitcase opening it up and beginning to pack. I packed some suits just incase I needed them and zipped the suitcase and set it down on my bed. I grabbed a new pair of clothes and headed into the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth.

I stepped out of the bedroom and grabbed my suitcase off my bed and headed to the living room setting the suitcase down by the front door. I heard quiet singing coming from the kitchen and turned around and walked to the doorway. Lauren was singing and dancing in the kitchen while eating a piece of toast. I let out a small laugh and asked her if she was ready to go. She nodded her head and checked me out realizing I was wearing a suit. I laughed even more causing her to blush and look down. I walked towards her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before taking her hand and walking to the front door. I let go of her hand and grabbed our suitcases and heading out turning around to lock the front door. We walked through my garage before coming to a stop infront of Chrysler 3oo. I unlocked the doors and popped the trunk setting our suitcases inside and closing the trunk. I looked up and noticed that Lauren was standing there shocked by the car infront of her.

"Are you gonna do that everytime you see my cars?" I asked with a laugh. I walked around to the passenger side and opened the door for her. She got in and I closed the door before walking to the driver side and getting in. I turned the car on and begin the drive to the airport. When we arrived I got out and walked around to Laurens door opening it and helping her out. I walked to the trunk and grabbed our suitcases before handing the keys over to the man who would store my car in a garage. I walked inside and met up with security who then lead us to a private entrance. The man opened the door to reveal a runway with a black jet ready to go to our destination. Lauren and me followed the man to the door of the jet and got in sitting down in the seats relaxing while the workers put our luggage up. I got up from my seat and walked to the fridge grabbing a bottle of champagne and opening it pouring Lauren and me a glass. A few minutes later the pilot came out and said that we were ready to take off. We all buckled in and minutes later the jet took off. I unbuckled my belt and leaned back in my seat closing my eyes.

"So where are we going?" I heard her raspy voice. I opened my eyes and found her looking at me intently.

"Seattle. My brother was involved in a accident and according to the doctor its serious" I said with a sad tone. Truth is I don't know why my brother put me as his emergency contact. We haven't talked in months after what Logan did.

"I'm so sorry y/n. If you don't mind me asking what is it that you do for a living" She said with a soft tone. I smiled a little before explaining exactly it is what I do.

"Well I own several companies around the world that are to help people with finances but each company is different. Some are for helping to build schools in countries that need them others are for helping the poor but I also own small businesses. I own several clubs in Miami and in other states such as California and New York." With every word she listened closely and I appreciated that more than anyone would know. After that we made small talk and before I knew it we had landed in Seattle. I helped Lauren out of her seat and we exited the jet and followed the security to the building to grab our luggage. We made our way outside where my shofar was waiting for us. He opened the door for us and Lauren and I got in. After he was done loading our bags we headed to the hotel we would be staying at. Every now and then I would look over at Lauren and watch her looking at everything that passed by. We dropped our things off at the hotel before making our way to the hospital. I'm not gonna lie I was nervous to see my brother again but none the less I loved him and I would be there for him. We got to the hospital and walked in and up to the reception desk.

"HI I'm looking for my brother Jason y/ln" I said with a nervous tone. The lady behind the desk searched her computer before pointing me in the direction and where to go. I grabbed Laurens hand becoming more nervous with every step I took We finally found the room my brother was in and I froze. Before I could open the door I heard a voice behind me. One that I thought I would never hear again in person.