The Calls

I opened the door to reveal Lauren standing there with a black eye on here face and tears rolling down. I instantly pulled her into a hug feeling her start to cry even harder into my chest. I pulled her into my apartment and closed the door sitting her down on the couch. I walked off to my bedroom to grab a blanket and some fresh clothes for her to put on. As I was walking past the bathroom I stopped and grabbed a wash cloth and made my way back to the living room. I handed Lauren the fresh pair of clothes and took the wash cloth to the kitchen. I heard Lauren walk into the kitchen and turned around to see her already dressed in the clothes I handed her and had the blanket wrapped around her. I turned back around to finish putting some ice into the wash cloth and turned around. I slowly walked up to Lauren and put the ice on her black eye. She flinched and I immediately removed the ice and gave her a sad smile before putting the ice back on.

"What happened Lauren?" I asked with a soft tone not wanting to scare her with how mad I was to the whoever did this to her. She looked at me with fear in her eyes and shook her head telling me she didn't want to talk about it. I looked down and sighed before moving her back to the living room and sitting her down. I got up and walked back to room grabbing some pillows for her to lay down. I sat down next to her on the couch and put my arm around her shoulders and pulling her into my side. She rested her head on my shoulder and I placed a gentle kiss on her head. We sat there for awhile before she spoke up.

"It was my ex" She said. I remained silent knowing she wasn't done speaking.

"He found out that I had slept with someone else and got mad. He showed up at my house after I got home and started yelling at me." She paused and took a deep breathe. I started rubbing her arm telling her its okay.

"He started to get more mad as he was yelling and I tried to grab his hand to calm him down and then he lost it. He started hitting me and when I found the chance I ran outside and got in my car and came here" By now she had more tears rolling down her face. She started apologizing for coming her telling me she didn't know where else to go. I grabbed her and just held her while she cried whispering sweet nothings into her ear. A couple hours past before she fell asleep and I sat there thinking. "I'm going to find out who her ex is and make him pay" I thought to myself. I got up and picked Lauren up bridal style and took her to my bedroom and laid her down. I covered her with the blanket and walked out of the room going to my office. I decided to talk to Lauren in the morning about some things but for now I just wanted her to get some rest. I started making some calls to arrange some things.

"Hey John I need a favor" I said to my ex associate. Then before I knew it, it was morning but I still had to make one more call. I decided to make the call now knowing that he would be up.

"Hey I need to talk to the team as soon as possible meet me at the place at five thirty tonight" I said before I hung up. I'm going to make this asshole pay for he did to her and with that I got up and left my office.