The Person

*2 weeks later*

I walked into my office and gave Kate a small smile. I'm not feeling to good today and I guess she noticed and followed me into my office. I sat down at my desk and took the files I needed to finish out of my bag. I grabbed my laptop and turned it on going to my documents as Kate looked at me with concerned eye.

"Are you okay y/n?" Kate asked. I could hear her voice was concerned and I couldn't look at her. If I looked at her I would start crying and no ones seen me cry and that's not about to change.

"Everything's fine Kate don't worry" I replied with a soft tone not wanting her to hear the fear in my voice. Truth is everything's not fine. Its no where near fine.

"I know you're lying y/n. Now tell me exactly what happened" She said with a stern voice. I looked at her and I started to think about what happened yesterday. I looked away and down at my hands in my lap before I looked up back at her. I looked at her in the eyes and I broke. I started crying while grabbing my hoodie and gasping for air. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me and hearing Kates voice saying sweet nothings. I grabbed her arm and started crying into her shoulder.

After I told Kate everything that happened yesterday from the moment I woke up to the minute I went to bed. A few minutes after talking to Kate my phone started to go off indicating that someone was calling. I cleared my voice and gave Kate a look telling her to please leave. I answered my phone and realized it was my mechanic calling to tell me that Laurens car was finished being fixed. I thanked my mechanic and hung up sitting there debating if I should call or text her. I finally decided to just call her and get it over with. After a few rings she answered the phone sounding tired.

"Hey y/n, what's up?" she asked sounding nervous. I don't know why she would be nervous talking to me. I mean we did hook up a couple weeks ago. Okay I'm getting off topic here and zoned back into the call.

"Hey Lauren I was calling to tell you that your car is finished being fixed." I said with a soft tone. Truth is I didn't want to see Lauren again.

"Thank you y/n it means a lot but I don't have a ride to your mechanic" She said sounding frustrated. I smiled knowing that she most likely has a pout on her face right now.

"I can give you ride there if you like. I don't mind." I said with a small smile on my face. I could hear her sigh in relief.

"Thank you so much y/n this means a lot to me." After she said that I hung up and grabbed my bag putting the files back into it and heading out to the garage to get in my car. I put the car in drive and headed to Laurens house thinking about everything that's happening. I pulled into Laurens drive way and got out of my car and walked up to her door knocking on it softly and taking a step back off the porch.

A few seconds later the door opens revealing a younger girl who looks like Laurens younger sister. "Hi um I'm here to pick Lauren up" I said with a nervous voice and a small chuckle at the end. Realization came across her face and she smiled big at me and told me she would be right back. No lie I was confused as fuck to why she gave me that look. A few minutes after the girl walked off Lauren came to the door and came outside. She turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Thank you y/n it means a lot what you've done for me and I cant thank you enough" She gave me a small hug and I walked her to the car and opened the door for her to get in. After she got into my car I closed the door and walked to the drivers side of my car and got in closing my door and putting the car in drive. The whole ride there it was silent truth is I was nervous as fuck to be around her again even after we hooked up. we arrived at my mechanic and Lauren and me got out and went inside. I paid the mechanic and gave Lauren her keys to her car. Lauren thanked me one more time before we went our separate ways.

After driving around town for an hour I head home and went to my kitchen to make me dinner. As I was about to sit down to eat someone knocked on my door. I got up from my couch with a confused look on my face. I opened my front door and I didn't expect to see the person on the other side.