The Knock

*A week later*

I was finally home from the hospital and sitting on my couch watching The Big Bang Theory when I felt arms wrap around my neck and soft kisses being placed on my cheek. I smiled and turned my head looking up at Lauren who had just woken up. Ever since I left the hospital things between me and Lauren have gotten better. My ex associate called me last Wednesday to tell me that Brad was taken care of and that the team cleaned everything up. I was pleased to be informed that the asshole was not gonna be a problem anymore for Lauren. I was going back to work today for the first time since the incident and I couldn't be anymore happier. I got up from the couch and kissed Lauren on the cheek before going to get ready for work.

I stepped out of the elevator and walked towards my office receiving hugs and high fives from my workers. I walked into my office and sat down at my desk turning on my desktop. I immediately got to work on the emails I had received while I was gone. A couple hours had passed and I had just finished setting up a meeting with my New York office for next week when I heard a knock on my door. I closed out my tabs and said a quick come in before I looked up and saw my mother. I immediately got up and walked over to her giving her a hug and a kiss on her cheek before walking back to my desk.

"hey momma, whats up?" i asked wondering why she was in Miami. She looked at me for a minute before sighing and shaking her head.

"Sweetie I need a favor if you don't mind"

"Sure mom what is it?"

"Well we got the bill back from the hospital for your brother and we don't have the money to pay so I was wondering if we could barrow the money and pay it back" I looked at my mother in shock, not for asking for money but the fact that they think they need to pay me back.

"Momma ill pay the bill but I don't want yall to pay me back. We're family and were there for each other." I smiled a little before getting up and walking over to her and kissing her cheek.

"Come on. I don't know about you but I'm hungry." She smiled and got up nodding her head before we walked out. I stopped and told Kate I would be back from lunch in a little while. I helped my mother outside and into my car before getting into the driver seat. I headed to my favorite Mexican restaurant in Miami. We arrived about ten minutes later and we ordered our food talking about memories and plans for the future.

"So, are you seeing anyone?" I was shocked by the question and begin choking before clearing my throat and looking at her.

"uh actually I am" I said with a smile. She looked surprised but then smiled before asking a lot of questions.

"Mom calm down with the questions" I said laughing.

"Her names Lauren and we actually live together. Shes going to college to study literature and to be a teacher. Shes a sweet girl and I really do like her." I said with a smile thinking about the brunette. My mother smiled and we continued to make small talk before I paid the bill and we left heading back to my office. Once there we went our separate ways for the day. I went back to my office to finish my work before calling the hospital and paying my brothers bill over the phone. i checked my emails one more time before closing my tabs and turning my computer off and heading home. I decided to make dinner for Lauren and buy a bottle of wine. I unlocked my front door and headed straight to the kitchen cleaning my hands and getting to work. I had just finished setting up the table and pouring the glass of wine when I heard the door open revealing Lauren with a tired look. I walked up to her with a small smile and taking her jacket for her and hanging it up. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips before grabbing her hand and leading her to the kitchen. We sat down and had dinner making small talk before she went and got ready for bed. I cleaned up the table and did the dishes before walking to the bedroom and seeing lauren just come out of the shower. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a sports bra before heading into the bathroom and taking a shower. When I finished I walked out and saw lauren already asleep on the bed and under the covers. I smiled before walking over to the bed and getting under the covers. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close placing a kiss on her cheek before laying my head down and going to sleep.

--------------------------------------

Hey guys so a short chapter here. I apologize if its bad it was a last minute thing. Well I hope yall have a good day/night. Love yall