The Place

I was sitting in the living room watching some television while waiting for Lauren to wake up. It was already twelve in the afternoon but I knew that after everything that happened last night she needed a lot of rest. I called Kate this morning to tell her I would be out of the office for a couple days and to not worry. As I started thinking about the meet up tonight I heard the sound of foot steps coming from the hallway. I looked up and saw Lauren standing there with a blanket wrapped around her. She gave me a small smile before walking over to the couch and sitting down next to me. We sat there in complete silence for what felt like hours but was really only twenty minutes before I cleared my throat.

"Lauren we need to talk about some things" I said in a serious yet soft tone. She looked at me confused but nodded her head anyways. Before I decided to talk I got up and went to the kitchen and made her a cup of coffee and walked back to her handing her the mug. I sat down and faced her before taking a deep breathe and beginning.

"Lauren I know we barely know each other and everything but I already care deeply about you. So the questions I'm about to ask you are really important and you don't have to decide now but just think about it please" I spoke while looking into her green eyes. I looked away from her and looked down at my lap before speaking again.

"I want you to consider moving in with me" I paused to take a breathe. "Like I said I know we barely know each other but I just want for you to be safe. I have a couple extra rooms here and you could have your own bedroom and office. The kitchen is always open and everything and there's security here and you'll be more protected than at your home" I spoke softly not wanting to scare her. I looked up at her and she nodded saying she would think about it.

"Now I know you might not want to talk about him but can you tell me his name please. I just want to be able to tell the security down stairs to not let him in." I said lying about what I wanted his name for.

"His names Brad Simpson" she said before closing her eyes shut trying not to cry. I scooted close to her and wrapped my arm around her, grabbing the mug from her hands and setting it down. After she calmed down I told her I would go and get lunch for us. I got up and grabbed my coat off the rack by the front door before grabbing my keys and walking out the door. I waved at the door man before getting into my car. Before I started the car I pulled out my phone and texted my ex associate "Brad Simpson do a background check and find out where he lives and put someone on him asap". I put my phone back into my pocket and drove off to get lunch.

It was now four o'clock in the afternoon and I was getting ready to go meet the team when I heard Lauren speak up.

"Hey y/n do you mind if I go and get some clothes from my house right now?" She said sounding scared. I shook my head and told her it was okay but to please be careful. I handed her a spare key to my apartment before leaving and texting a old friend to follow Lauren and to make sure nothing happens to her. I got into my car and begin the drive to the place.

I pulled into the abandoned parking lot and got out walking through the garage doors to the building. I stood there for a minute taking in the place. "Its been awhile" I thought to myself before walking further into the building before spotting my old team. I gave everyone a smile to which they returned before we got to business.

"Hey gentlemen its been awhile but I would like to apologize but we need to get straight to business" My voice was the most serious it has been in awhile.

"Brad Simpson. I want each of you to do your part in this like the old days. I want you to find out as much as you can about this asshole and get back to me. I want one of you to follow him around and figure out his schedule. I want this guy dealt with, with the most priority. He needs to pay for what hes done and I will not let him get away with it either. I want this done and I want it done now. Understood?." My voice strict and commanding.

"Meet back here next Wednesday same time don't be late gentlemen." They all nodded their heads and got to work with what needs to be done. I turned around and walked out of the abandoned building. I got into my car and sat there for a minute thinking about everything that's going on. I turned the car on and drove off to my friends car dealership.

It was about nine o'clock now and I just walked through my front door. I set my keys on the key rack and took my coat off putting it back on the rack. I headed to my bedroom to take a shower and found Lauren asleep on my bed wearing one of my hoodies. I stood in the doorway and smiled at the image before looking down at the ground and sighing. I headed to my closet and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top before heading to the bathroom and getting into the shower. As I was finishing getting dressed I heard an ear piercing scream come from my room. I grabbed my gun that I had hidden under my bathroom sink and ran out to see Lauren crying on the bed. I put my gun down in the dresser and walked to her. I sat down next to her and held while she cried herself to sleep again. "This asshole is gonna pay for this even if its the last thing I do" I thought before slowly falling asleep holding her in my arms.