Lunch

I sat in the restaurant waiting for Lauren. I there drinking my tea while thinking about everything that was happening in my life right now. I got the worst news of my life and I met an amazing girl in the same day. I zoned back into the reality of today and noticed Lauren had just walked in. She was wearing sweats and a hoodie and she couldn't have looked any cuter than she did now. I got up and greeted her with a hug and pulled her chair out for her to sit down. "such a gentle woman" she said with a chuckle "only for you" I replied with a small smile. just then the waitor came to our table. "welcome to Zios what can I get you two to drink?" he said while checking Lauren out. "Ill take a pepsi please" Lauren said with a smile. "Ill take a coke thank you" I replied with a fake smile as he kept checking Lauren out. He handed us our menus and left. Shortly after he returned and took our orders. Now id like to say I had a good time but I couldn't help but get mad that the asshole fuckboy waitor kept eye fucking Lauren. I decided against telling Lauren about whats going on in life right now and told her stories of my childhood. Her laugh was beautiful and I realized that during our lunch I was slowly falling for her the one thing I couldn't and wont let happen. "I had a great time y/n" she said with a smile as I walked her to her car. "so did I, we should do it again sometime" I said without realizing. "Of course ill text you later y/n and thank you for paying honestly you didn't have too" she said with a frown. "I wanted to pay so shush and let me pay for you cutie" I instantly blushed when I realized what I had just said. After a few seconds of awkward silence we said our goodbyes and she was gone. I walked back to my car and got in and drove home seeing as today I was off from work.I grabbed a beer and sat down on my couch and started thinking about whats going on. "This year was going so good why did it have to be this way" I thought and with that I started to chug my beer and the night ended in a blur but I had one question on my mind "Why?".