the shitstorm a.k.a. chapter 6

[edited]

I have zero excuse for this delayed chapter other than the fact that I'm lazy af and have stockpiled around 30+ books in my library, all begging to be read. I decided to took through my comments on my last update and felt really guilty so I got up the intuition to write a chapter. I really want to write another book, but I lack motivation and a plot. If anyone has a book they want written, please message me or comment an idea and I'll write it for you. I really like writing for requests. I had a request book but I accidentally deleted it.

~

[jasper]

I couldn't sleep. Saely was exhausted and injured so she still hadn't woken up, but I was worried. Mom and Dad could come back at any moment. If she wasn't okay by tomorrow morning, she'd have to go to the hospital, and then my parents would punish her more for it. Saely was strong, but she couldn't take any more of this. I heard a small groan emitting from her room. Springing up from my position by my window, i sprinted down the hall to her room. "Sae?" I whispered, peeking in. "Are you awake?"I opened the door a little more and was met by Saely's frantic eyes.

"J-jasper... my rib-" She gasped, gripping the bedsheets. I ran to her, gently feeling her ribcage. I bit my lip. There was a small split, but it was mainly just bruised, so hopefully she'd be okay.

"It's fine, Sae." I sighed, standing carefully while attempting not to jostle her more than necessary. "You've got a small fracture in one of your ribs and there isn't really much I can do, but I'll get you an ice pack and some painkillers so it won't hurt as much." She grimaced and nodded slowly. I grinned at her and walked out to the kitchen.

As I got the things she needed, I checked the driveway again. My parents didn't have a meeting today, and they didn't work this late normally, so this was weird. I prayed they would stay away, at least for a little while, so Saely could heal properly. I quickly headed off her room, opening the door with my shoulder. I smiled lightly at the sight that met me. She had fallen asleep again. I got to work icing her ribs so the wouldn't hurt as much when she woke up. My stress level was gradually increasing; I could feel my heart speeding up. I wouldn't be able to take care of Saely if I was on the verge of a heart attack. Hastily, I stood from kneeling at her side, leaving the ice on her ribcage, and walked to my room, ready to relieve my stress.

Smoking was a semi-recent habit of mine I had picked up from one of my friends. I'd been close to ripping my own hair out, so he'd offered me a cigarette. One turned into five, and soon it was a habit. I hated it, but it really helped me. I finished off the cigarette and returned to Saely. Quietly shutting the door behind me, I sank into a chair adjacent to her bed and drifted off to sleep.

[saely]

I woke up to a dull ache from my side, which was pleasantly surprising. Jasper said a rib was broken, yet they just felt sore. Well, Jasper had become very good at fixing me after my all parents had done.

A gentle snore pulled me out of my thoughts. There, sleeping soundly, was Jasper. It made me happy when he fell asleep in my room because that way I knew he was protecting me. He was the only reason I wasn't depressed or worse. He reminded me that my parents were wrong.

"Sae?" He mumbled, waking up slightly.

"Yeah?" I smiled at him.

"Go to sleep, I'll protect you." He snuggled back into the chair. I nodded, obeying happily.

"Sae, wake up." I opened my eyes to a happy Jasper. "Mom and Dad aren't here. We can go to school in peace." He beamed at me. I pulled myself out of bed and pushed him out gently, wanting to change.

As I walked down the stairs, a wonderful smell hit me. I followed it to the kitchen, where I found a very proud Jasper holding a plate of perfect-looking pancakes.

"For you." He smiled lightly.

I was surprised. "Thank you!"

"No problem." He rubbed his neck apologetically. "I don't really do much to help you. I gonna be a better brother, okay?"

I scoffed at his stupidity. "Jasper, are you serious? You have saved me every time I was hurt or upset. You've done so much already... But I'll still take the pancakes."

"Thanks Sae." Jasper grinned sheepishly.

We drove up to school much earlier than usual. My morning nursing sessions took quite a bit of time, making us late every day, but today we were on time. I walked over to my locker after Jasper left to find his friends. He didn't have to worry about me in school.

As I started to collect my things, memories of Blade feeling up that girl yesterday flooded my mind. I bit my lip, angry at myself for being so bothered by it. He was a player, that's what he did. He wasn't mine.

"Hey babe." A voice whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and turned around. This was new for me, being here with all these others about, waiting for the bell telling them to get to class, so I thought Blade would have the sense to leave me alone. I inhaled sharply, realizing how close Blade was. Past his shoulder, a group of populars stood watching us. The guys looked amused, while the girls looked ready to murder me at any second. This was really bad. Blade has taken and interest in me, and was essentially showing our relationship, whatever it was, off. Now I'd messed with their world, and they would give me hell for it.

"What's wrong?" I felt his hand brush lightly across my cheek, wiping away tears I wasn't aware existed. I shook my head and pushed him away. He didn't care about me any more than the other girls, so why should I be with him? Why did I like it when he talked to me, even though he knew I'd be bitchy and push him away? I walked away from him as fast as I could without gaining any more attention, trying to stop the streams of tears flowing across my cheeks. I came to an abrupt halt, feeling Blade's sturdy hands on my waist. He spun me around, briefly staring into my eyes, then glancing up to the populars' eyes, which were still glued to us. Turning back, Blade grinned, using one hand to expertly remove one of his lip piercings, and shoved it into my lip, creating a hole to the left of my mouth, directly under my bottom lip.

"What the hell Blade?" I yelled, my hand leaping to my mouth. It stung like a bitch.

The whole hall went silent, staring at us. I froze. Everyone was looking at me. Everyone was looking at ME. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jasper staring at Blade. He didn't seem angry, just intense, which confused me. Wouldn't he care more? Blade acknowledged Jasper's look and again checked to see if everyone was looking. He carefully lowered his lips to my ear, breathing against it gently.

"Mine."

~

I realized that I'm like the opposite of Saely. I'm really shy and never give people sass. Two days ago, a theater friend of mine told me I was really cute, which made me happy. All I strive to be is cute. 

Hugs for all!

C