Chapter 25

I am so frickin sorry about the long wait. I have been really sick recently, but that really isn't an excuse. Thank you to all who comment, y'all are the ones who inspire me to keep writing.

~

[jasper]

 I woke up at my usual time. It was weird to not go to school, considering I tried my hardest to never miss a class, but knowing I was for a good reason made me relax. I pulled on a shirt and went to wake up the lovebirds in Saely's room. I wasn't bothered at all that Blade was dating her. I trusted him and knew he was a great guy, so there wasn't a problem, other than them both being lazy asses. I walked to one side of the bed, promptly sitting on Blade.

"The hell?" My best friend's groggy voice came from under me.

"Wake up dude. You and Saely have to get to school." I snickered as I got off of him.

Blade sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "You didn't have to sit on me though. A normal shake or something would suffice."

At that, I snorted. "Don't lie to yourself. You could sleep through a hurricane." All Blade did in response was smile slightly before turning to wake up his less stubborn girlfriend. I left them in peace and headed downstairs to make a quick breakfast for the three of us. As I fried eggs, the events of last night came back to me. What had we done to deserve this? I was so tired of people I loved getting hurt. Maybe it was for the best if I broke up with Hayden. I loved him more than anything, but if us being together was going to endanger him as well as others close to me, breaking up might be the best thing to do, at least till my dad was caught.

Finishing up the food and separating it onto three plates, I began to clean up the mess I'd made while preparing everything. By the time I finished, Saely and Blade had appeared in the doorway to the kitchen.

"Jasper! You shouldn't have." I was impacted from behind by the warm arms of my little sister.

Turning around, I gave her a proper hug. "Come on, it's nothing. I love cooking for you."

The duo scarfed down their helpings before bidding me farewell, Blade wishing me luck with Hayden's parent. I waved them off before returning to my own meal. After finishing, I hurried upstairs to clean myself up and prepare to meet Mr. and Mrs. Astino again. It was a lot more nerve-wracking this time, considering this time it was more formal and there were more opportunities to screw up. Hayden's parents already weren't totally cool with their son being gay, so if they didn't like me, not only was our relationship at stake, but Hayden's sexuality. I didn't know them that well. Maybe they would decree that because I wasn't good for Hayden, no male was, and he'd be forced to date women for all eternity.

I was nervously perched on the couch when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and the first thing I saw was the beautiful face of my boyfriend. I'm such an idiot. How the hell could I break up with this snowflake? I loved him too much. Yeah, it was selfish, but he was mine and that wasn't going to change. I pulled him into a tight hug, ignoring the fact that his parents were literally standing right behind him. The feeling of his small arms wrapping around me was the one thing I needed at that moment. I was perfectly calm, nothing around me mattered. Everything was completely fine for us in that single frame of time. The fear that he blamed me for what happened, a fear I wasn't even aware of until then, evaporated as he squeezed me tightly.

After a few moments, we pulled away to he his parents silently fangirling over the sight. Seeing that I was looking at him, Mr. Astino straightened up, pretending that he wasn't bouncing while clutching hand with his wife at his son hugging his boyfriend.

"Hello Jasper. Very nice to see you again." His voice was formal, but I couldn't miss the embarrassed tone it carried.

I pretended I didn't hear it. "Likewise sir. Please come in."

Soon the older Astinos were seated on my couch, with Hayden and I in side-by-side love seats, holding hands.

"Alright," Mr. Astino began, serious. "I don't expect anything, but over the short time since we picked up Hayden," The boy in question tensed, his grip on my hand intensifying. "Do you have any new news we can report to the investigators?"

Slowly, I nodded. I heard a tiny gasp from Hayden. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see he was crying. It hadn't really occurred to me how much damage this could do to him mentally. He got mercilessly beat up, maybe even more. I hadn't been able to ask him much before he passed out. This realization made me feel like the worst boyfriend ever, but I tried my best to push these thoughts aside and just get out my information.

"Last night, around midnight, my younger sister, who is about Hayden's age, went out for a walk. She was out for far too long, so her boyfriend and I went out to find her. She was passed out with a fairly nasty head wound and a note almost identical to the one I found with Hayden. She woke up fairly shortly after I finished patching her up, and told me that she saw who her attacker was..." I bit my lip. I hated this so much. My dad was such a terrible person for no damn reason other than he lost money by his own mistakes and decided to take it out on his children both physically and mentally.

"Jasper..." I turned to the source of the whisper. Hayden's eyes were puffy and he was still crying a bit. "Who was it?"

The familiar fury rose in me. "It was my father." Hayden whimpered and his parents gasped. They didn't now the shit we went through because of him, so this was new to them. "That bastard hates both of his kids with a passion all because he lost money and takes it out on us. Saely's back looks like a goddamn subway map because of him. I've had enough. I was a wimp who couldn't take stand up to him with Saely, and there's no way I'm making the same mistake with Hayden."

I looked up, meeting Mr. Astino's eyes. He looked shocked to say the least.

After a few moments, he found his voice. "I'll inform the investigators. Thank you for this." He gulped before continuing, addressing his son. "How about you stay with Jasper? He can take perfect care of you and I can tell you want to." Hayden smiled bashfully before nodding. His parents said quick goodbyes before leaving to the police station. The moment they were out the door, Hayden practically leaped into my arms, snuggling up to me like a little puppy.

"Missed me, huh?" I chuckled, ruffling his hair. He nodded into my chest. I kissed the top of his head before responding. "Well, I missed you too." 

~

Yeah, I added a lot of Jayden/Hasper fluff cause imma hoe

I'm tired and I love you all 

HFA

C