chapter 28

Sorry that this is so short. I wrote part of it, but then change how I wanted to end it later, so it may be a tad weird and disjointed.

~

[saely]

I grabbed my jacket and followed Blade out the front door. Jasper and Hayden were already by the car, waiting for us to come out. We decided that it would be smartest for us all to go see Hayden's parents and tell them the information that we'd gotten from Mom. Dad seemed to attack us when we were alone.

Sliding into the back seat with Blade, I gave him a small smile. Oddly enough, I wasn't stressed. I felt safe while everyone was around me. With Jasper driving, the other three of us talked about random stuff until we took a right turn into an extremely fancy neighborhood I'd never seen before. Hayden looked around and froze, a uncomfortable look spreading across his features.

"Damn, kid. I didn't know you were this rich." Blade laughed at Hayden's expression. "Why do you look so awkward?"

The small boy sighed and scratched the back of his head. "I'm not used to people coming over to my house. It's weird to live in a place like this." Blade chuckled, smirking. From the look on his face, he was about to make a clever remark, which didn't make much sense until a wave of realization hit me, making me giggle as well. Blade's parents were freakishly wealthy too, and if Hayden had know this a few moments before, there would be no way in hell that he would have said anything bad about having a lot of money. I had never actually been to Blade's house or met his parents, because he didn't want me to. He was more disgusted by his family and living conditions than embarrassed. From what I'd heard about the elusive Forristers, they were constantly preoccupied with their company, so Blade felt like they didn't care for him. However, from what Jasper had told me, they wanted to be with him, but felt like he hated them after all the mistakes and neglect they'd given him growing up. It was really saddening, to be honest.

"Holy crap!" My head shot up at Jasper's exclamation. I hardly had time to process what was happening as a massive black Jeep swerved in front of us. Jasper desperately tried to turn out of the way, but he was too late. Time slowed down as the two vehicles collided and our car flipped to its side. I felt my head hit something with enough force to make me woozy. Glancing to the side, I saw that my companions had all been knocked unconscious. The sound of loud footsteps reached my ears and the next thing I knew, a strange man was hauling me out of the car. The world was beginning to go dark as I tried to protest against him taking me, but for some reason my limbs weren't responding to me. As I slipped into dreamland, I noticed a couple other men of intimidating stature and build, much like the guy holding me, join my captor in piling into the virtually unharmed Jeep. After that, I was out.

~

So this is weird and totally can be shot down, but I want to write a reader-insert book (romance obviously, cause imma hoe) with a character I based off of myself (his name is Cecil and he's me except not as weird). IDK, but if that sound at all interesting, plz tell me.

hugs for all!

C