chapter 30

Yes, this is so late. I am beyond sorry and will try to finally finish this freaking book. Thank you to all the wonderful people who've stuck around! Please enjoy.

Also, Voltron is my life now (I'm an actual trash can).

~

[blade]

A hushed beeping awoke me. I slowly peeled my eyes open and was greeted by a pristine white room. From the medical equipment surrounding me, I guessed I was in a hospital. The monotonous beeping was emitting from a heart monitor to my left, and began to increase as I attempted to sit up.

"Hey, hey. Stay down for now." A very familiar voice urged me. I whipped my head to the sound so fast my neck popped.

"Dad? Wha- why are you here?" I gaped, rubbing my neck, at my father standing at the foot of my bed.

My dad looked incredulous. "What on earth do you mean 'why am I here'. My son is in the hospital. Of course I'm going to come!" He paused a moment, then sighed. "Have I neglected you that much? You don't think I'd come if you were hurt?"

I bit my lip, anxiety rising. "I mean, you haven't been there before. I didn't expect anything different this time." I had been trying to avoid this conversation for so long, so I was nowhere near ready to have it now. "Mom always took care of me, and when she..." I felt tears rising, but gulped them down hastily. "When she... moved on, you just pushed me away."

My father exhaled. He sounded absolutely exhausted. "I'm not at all the parent she wanted me to be. I couldn't bare being around someone who reminded me of her and her expectations of me that I so miserably failed to meet. I love you, son, but I was scared of screwing you up, so I did the only thing I thought reasonable." I smiled a little. I loved my dad, even though he was far from a model parent. I was upset that he abandoned me after Mom died, but I had always thought of him highly. My family was a touchy subject, so I never talked about them to my friends. I hadn't even told Jasper the whole story. I couldn't face the fact that she was gone, so I bottled it up and tried to act like everything was fine, which resulted in me almost getting raped. I was so vulnerable after that, and I hated it. I swore I'd be unbreakable at my new school.

"I guess what I want to say is... I'm so sorry." My dad's voice caught, making me look up. What I saw shocked me. My father was crying. I'd never seen him cry before. "I'm so goddamn sorry for being an awful parent. I let my fear ruin me, and that broke you. I know what happened at your old school. That was all my fault. I should have been there to protect you and teach you how to deal with people like that." Tears were pouring down his face by now. I lifted my arms slowly, indicating that I wanted a hug. He looked shocked, to say the least, but complied with my wishes eagerly. Hugging my dad felt weird, but amazing. I couldn't remember the last time he hugged me properly. Slowly, a small smile broke my face as I joined him in crying.

I hopped out of my dad's car as he stopped in front Jasper's house. I had been in the hospital, but all I could think about was Saely, Jasper, and Hayden. They were in the car with me, but I haven't heard anything from them. I bolted to the door as soon as I got out, opening it without knocking. I was met with the sight of Hayden curled up on the couch. His head snapped up at the door opening.

"Blade?" he muttered, blinking. "You're out of the hospital?"

"Yeah, where's Jasper?" I asked, taken aback by his appearance.

Hayden was usually perky-looking, his hair neat and clothes perfect, but that certainly wasn't the case today. His hair was a mess, and looked like it hadn't been washed in a while. His baby blue sweater was partially off his shoulder, crumpled, and parts of is were darker, indicating that he had been crying while he was curled up.

"H-He's u-upstairs..." Hayden hiccuped out, his tears visibly welling up.

This not only shocked me, but was confusing as hell. "U-um," I tripped over my words a little. "And where's Sae?"

At that, Hayden burst into sobs. I stepped back, guilty and confused. Fear started creeping up my body. What had happened to my girlfriend?

As I walked over to try and comfort the miserable boy in front of me, I heard loud thumping from upstairs. In a matter of seconds, Jasper came flying down the stairs, summoned by his small lover's tears. I retreated again, letting the expert work. A few minutes later, Hayden was calmed to an occasional sniffle.

Jasper glanced up, a look of worry cast over his face, much like my own features were. "What happened?"

I scratched my neck anxiously. "I just asked where Saely was..." My voice got progressively quieter with each syllable. "D-did..." I really didn't want to ask, but I needed to know what was going on. I swallowed down my stutter and continued. "Did something happen to her?"

Jasper's face flickered from worried to terror, then to a look of absolute hopelessness. "You could say that."

I leapt forward. "What happened?" I almost yelped, horrified as possibilities flashed through my mind.

Jasper just sighed, intensifying my fear. "I don't know." He whispered, barely audible. "She was gone when the police came. She's been kidnapped."

~

I hope y'all liked it. I thing it's kind of terrible, but I think all my stuff is bad.

btw, my pronouns (for anyone who cares) are he/they, whichever one you feel most comfortable using.

HFA!

C