chapter 21

I will be starting school tomorrow, so the updates might be less frequent. Sorry : (

~

[jasper]

I gripped the wheel, anxiously mulling over what Hayden had told me. There was a chance that his parents would force us to break up, and that terrified me. I didn't know Hayden's parents, but I knew how much they meant to him. He gave me their numbers a while ago, since he felt me having them was a necessary part of our relationship. He, understandably, felt eternally in debt to them, since he was adopted, and would do most anything to make them happy, even if it hurt him.

I slowly turned onto my street, which reminded me of what Saely was supposed to be doing. She definitely didn't look happy to complete the task at hand, but Sae seemed determined to get answers, so she probably already talked with him. Pulling into our driveway, I slid my car next to Blade's and parked, hopping out.

Inside was quiet, giving me unsettling flashbacks to when Dad was still here. Saely was fine, though. I found her in the living room, petting a sleeping Blade's hair.

"So~," I drug the word out, "how'd it go?"

"Shush, he's asleep." Saely whispered, frantically flapping a hand at me. "And to answer your question, it went very well."

"Define well." It could mean she hadn't even asked.

"I think I saw the real side of Blade today." She had a far off, dreamy look in her eyes.

"You haven't been seeing a facade this whole time." I corrected her. "This is just another part of him. He'll probably be back to normal when he wakes up." Saely nodded, then jumped slightly as Blade raised his head.

"Hey Jasper. How's the kid?" He mumbled out, rubbing his eyes.

"The kid? Who..." I glanced at the couple sprawled across my couch.

"Hayden." Blade gave me a disappointed look, like I was supposed to know this.

"Oh he's fine. I dropped him off at his house."

"They have a really nice place, Hayden's parents." 

Both Saely and I looked him questioningly. "How do you know where Hayden lives?" Saely spoke for both of us.

Blade's eyes widened. "Ohh yeah. Our parents work together occasionally. I went to a party at their house once before you started dating him." We nodded. It was easy to forget that Blade's parents were really rich and successful, considering their son's generally laid back attitude.

"Cool. Speaking of your parents, do you want to stay over tonight, or do you need to get home?" I felt like I knew the answer already, but I asked anyway.

Blade grinned. "My parents are out. If you don't mind, which you never do, I'll crash here." I laughed and left them to canoodle or something while I made dinner.

Later, I heard Saely Shout. "Hey Jasper, your phone's ringing!" Placing my freshly cooked rigatoni in a bowl, I ran to answer the call. Not bothering to see the caller ID, I answered. At first I couldn't hear anything but haggard breathing before a worryingly familiar voice began crying, trying to form words.