chapter 22

I'm sorry about this terribly short chap. : (

~

[saely]

"Thank you sir. I will be coming by your house tomorrow, if that isn't any trouble. Take care." Jasper stood inside the front door, sending off Hayden's parents with the sleeping boy safe in their care. "Goodbye!" Jasper finally closed the door, sighing heavily. "This needs to stop. You two are probably next on this guy's hit list. Blade and I nodded, satisfying Jasper enough for him to go to his room.

"I'm going for a walk, okay?" I asked Blade, standing from the couch.

He looked up. "Do you think that's a good idea? Jasper might be right when he said we are in danger."

"No, I'll be fine, don't worry about me honey." I kissed his forehead before grabbing my phone and leaving the house.

It was slightly chilly out, but I was wearing a sweater, so it didn't bother me. In fact, it made it easier to relax and forget about all the bullshit going on in our lives, collectively. I hated the fact that I was a weak human. I couldn't take that much stress before I freaked out. Compared to everyone else, I was a baby and it sucked. That was probably why I went on a walk, though it wasn't the smartest choice. This wasn't about me, but I still felt all the stress, so I needed to try hard to not draw any attention to myself via panic attacks or something.

I found myself in the park I used to go through to avoid my parents. It represented a place of safety to me. Nothing hurts me here. The lampposts around the park gave everything a beautiful tint, like a fairyland.

A hand on my shoulder brought me from my thoughts.Turning around, I expected Jasper or Blade, but I found myself facing a tall man in a hoodie and cargo shorts. His face was shrouded by his hood, pulled over his head, but something about him seemed familiar.

"Hello, may I help you?" My voice shook a little at his mysterious appearance.

"You know Jasper King?" His voice sent chills down my spine. His voice was could, rough, and terrifyingly similar to someone I desperately wanted to forget.

"N-no... Wh-who's th-tha-at?" I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.

Suddenly, the man was right up in my face, yet I still couldn't see his. "Like hell you don't know your own brother." He spat. I tried to step away, but he grabbed my arm. "Tell him I will get him away from that faggot boytoy of his, no matter how." I ripped myself away, realization slapping me in the face.

"Oh god, no." My heart began speeding up, a panic attack coming on. "Get the hell away from me."

He pulled back his hood, an evil grin plastered across his face. "No can do, Saely." He stepped toward me.

"Haven't you done enough to ruin my life, our lives?" I yelled at him. "What more do you want from us?"

His grin widened as he took out a gun, flipping it over. "Night-night, princess." The last thing I felt was a massive pain to the back of my head, before I passed out.

~

I'll try to update weekly now, cool beans?

HFA!

C