chapter 16

[edited]

Fun little life notice: I'm getting surgery tomorrow (june 27, 2017). I'll try my best to update but if the next few chapters are bad, y'all will know why.

~

[blade]

As soon as the lunch bell rang , I sprang from my desk to meet Saely. I was worried. Jasper hadn't been in class all day. If it were anybody else, I wouldn't care and just assume they're skipping, but this was Mr. Goody Two-Shoes we were talking about, so him missing class could only mean something bad.

"Sae!" I called out upon seeing my girlfriend. Saely glanced up from her phone, smiling. "Have you seen Jasper?"

She looked confused. "Wasn't he just in class with you?" 

I scratched the back of my head nervously. "Normally, yeah, but he's been missing the whole day. I haven't seen him once." 

Her confusion changed to worry. "He always calls us when he leaves school early so we can go with him, but that's only when something bad happens. Did you try calling him?" I mentally face-palmed. why hadn't I thought of that? Saely laughed at my annoyed expression as I whipped out my phone.

"Hello?" A voice too high to be Jasper's answered.

I recognized the person immediately. "Hayden? Why do you have Jasper's phone?"

"Oh yeah... You and Saely might want to come down to the nurse's office." The kid answered wearily. I started. Why were they there? Muttering a quick goodbye, I hung up and grabbed Saely's hand, pulling her toward the infirmary.

"Blade, hold up." Saely yanked me to a halt. "Tell me what Hayden said before dragging me off."

Huffing impatiently, I filled her in. "Apparently they've been spending all morning at the nurse. I'm not sure why though." I began pulling her again, anxious to get there, and this time she didn't resist.

"Oh god!" Involuntarily left my mouth at the sight of Jasper. He was messed up really bad, yet still managed a grin as we entered.

"Hey guys." He croaked out.

"Jasper!" Saely was immediately at his side, unintentionally pushing Hayden away from his boyfriend which seemed to irritate him. "What happened to you?"

"Someone at this school is really homophobic. They don't like our-" He gestured to a pouting Hayden. "-relationship." 

I carefully pulled Saely away from her brother, allowing Hayden to move back to his original spot. "Hold up, who even knows about you two?"

Hayden spoke up. "Nobody, but we aren't exactly hiding it so it's not unreasonable that somebody would come to the right conclusion." The kid had a good point.

"Who could do this this though?" I waved a hand at Jasper. "You're the tallest person in the whole school, and not exactly weak."

He shook his head, wincing slightly. "It would seem that I'm not, unless the guy who attacked me doesn't go here. He was bigger than The Rock! I'd say he had at least five inches on me."

I zoned out slightly as Jasper continued to yammer on. Who the hell would want to hurt him? He was, except for maybe his lover, the nicest person I'd ever met. Everyone in school seemed to like him, even the boring-ass staff. Nobody beat me up when I got a boyfriend for the first time. Then again, nobody complained no matter what I did. All the people I'd gone out with ran through my mind. They were just my feeble attempts to distract myself from Saely.

Wait, Saely! She had a plethora of enemies here, all the popular girls I used to be forced to hang out with, but they'd left her alone, despite their cold shoulder breaking. Most everyone knew she was related to Jasper, even though you'd never guess from their looks. They probably hired someone to do their dirty work for them. Those stupid bitches messed with the wrong guy.

"Blade?" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I glanced around to see everyone looking at me.

"You kinda left us for a minute." Jasper smiled. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, a bad habit of mine.

"Sorry, just thinking." I shook my head lightly and glanced at the infirmary clock. There was still a good amount of time till the bell rang. I wanted to fix this now. "I gotta do something." I muttered before running out. I heard Saely shout, but ignored it. I may not be able to beat up these girls, but I can sure scare the hell out of them.

~

This is legit so boring, I'm sorry. But double update!!!

Thank you all so much for all the comments and votes. They mean so much to me. Also thank you for sticking with me through my unpredictable update schedule. I spent 3 hours in a public library just to get these typed and ready for y'all.    

HFA!

C