Chapter 17

[edited]

GUYS, THIS BOOK IS ALMOST AT 100K, IM CRYING. Thank you all for the support, it means so much to me. Sorry about the over a month

~

[saely]

Hayden and I tore after Blade, leaving quite a few innocent bystanders confused at the most popular boy in school barreling through the hall, followed by two nobodies. 

 Blade took a sharp left into the main hallway, where the popular kids chilled during breaks. Hayden slowed to a stop, panting as I followed suit.

"How can he do that?" He gasped out before shaking himself off and pulling me along to find my idiotic boyfriend. 

Blade was standing in the center of the hall, eyeing down a group of students. I recognize every single one of the girls from past encounters, but most of the boys were new to me. Probably jocks or something. 

"What the hell guys?" Blade shouted, clenching his fists. The entire hall went silent as every pair of eyes turned in our direction. 

"Blade, babe! I haven't seen you in for-ev-er!" One of the girls stepped forward, drawing out the last word. I blinked slightly. She was that bitch that Blade had been flirting with before he confessed to me. The memory of her inviting him over flash through my mind, pissing me off. Quickly, I shoved it to the back of my mind and focused on her words. "Why'd you leave us? You're too good for anyone else in this school, so who could you be hanging out with? Don't tell me you started talking to that prep boy again. Jasper, right?"  What the hell? I was utterly lost. These girls adored Jasper. It was like a requirement to be in their clique, but she was completely okay with insulting him for another boy? I was mad. No, scratch that, I was furious. Blade open his mouth to reply, but I cut him off. 

"You did NOT just say that!" The shocked looks on everyone's faces would have been hilarious, had I not been royally pissed off. "You don't just go insulting my brother like that!" I had no idea what I was doing, but it felt good. I've wanted to do this for the last few years. "Jasper is an amazing, kind, generous person who tries his hardest to do what's best for the people around him. He is the greatest brother, boyfriend, friend that anyone could dream of. If you're willing to insult someone as nice as my brother just for a guy, you don't deserve to even know him. Just do us all a favor and shut the hell up. Plus-" I walked up to Blade, pulling him down for a quick kiss. "-Blade's taken, if you weren't aware." Blade smirked, Hayden clapped for me, and everyone else just looked stunned. 

"If all you wanted to do was yell, you can leave now."  The girl looked embarrassed, yet defiant. Blade stopped smiling instantly. 

"Uh-uh, I haven't even started." Blade shook his head. "I'd like to know who you hired to beat the crap out of Jasper." There was a collective gasp, even for me. Sure, I hated them, but I knew enough to know this group couldn't be responsible. 

"B-beat up... What the hell are you talking about?" A girl I, oddly enough, didn't recognize pushed her way to the front of the populars. She almost looked more worried than I'd been about it. 

"Somebody screwed up Jasper this morning." The bell rang but nobody paid any attention. "Who else could it have been then, Sarah? You hate Saely so much, you might just go after Jasper." So her name was Sarah? I looked at her. She looked legitimately terrified.