chapter 29

hey, I'm not dead, just confused about myself

~

[saely]

I awoke to darkness. Everything around me was pitch black. I couldn't feel much for a few seconds, but everything slowly crept back to me. I became aware of the blindfold covering my eyes and a harsh sting against my wrists from what felt like rope. The blackness around me was a bag or cloth, I wasn't sure which, obstructing my view of anything around me. The occasional jostle and sound of a running engine told me that I was in a moving vehicle, probably that Jeep that had flipped Jasper's car earlier.

I was surprised at how calm I was and how lightly I was taking the situation, but I guess I'd been expecting something like this to happen sooner or later. Dad was absolutely nuts, that much I had gathered from his past actions, so kidnapping seemed right up his alley.

A sudden jolt from the car caused my head to unceremoniously meet the side of the car, sending me groaning as well as alerting my captors of my consciousness. I heard a few grunts that could have been words that I was too out of it to understand, and was lifted into a sitting position by a pair of rough hands. The piece of cloth obstructing my vision was ripped off and the world around me came into view. I came face to face with three large, intimidating men wearing ski masks. Again, I was confused by how unfazed I was. It seemed the men were too. They glanced at each other before one of them, who I presumed to be the leader, nodded at the man to his left. At his boss' gesture, the left thug stood and hoisted me over his shoulder, ignoring my surprised squeak as my feet left the ground. The two others stood along with us and piled out of the car.

I was dropped to the ground abruptly. From what I could see, we were parked in front of a large warehouse-like building. It was really dark outside, the only light coming from a few dim street lamps leading to the warehouse entrance. There was a massive chain-link fence about ten feet away from me, encircling the whole property and giving the place mad scientist vibes. One of my captors yanked me up to my feet by the back of my shirt. His hand left only to fasten itself on my shoulder in a vice-like grip. The reality of my situation hit me as the men began to drag me towards the building looming ahead of me. Instead of pulling me to the large front doors, our group headed to a regular sized metal sliding door. Stopping in front of it, the leader knocked three times and stepped away, waiting. A couple of seconds later, he was answered by the crackle of an intercom from a speaker over the doorway.

"State your business." A harsh voice hissed through the device.

Their boss glanced back at the two men holding me. He looked really anxious. Turning back to the door he coughed before responding.

"R-returning from mission with cap-captive." He choked out, visibly tensing at his stutter. His voice was far more gentle than I would have guessed. I hadn't seen his face, so I had assumed he was at least forty and probably all scarred and rough, but he sounded maybe 20. Now that I was really looking, he was the smallest of the three, and could easily be in his early twenties. Another sharp crackle snapped me back to reality.

"Enter." The speaker man barked, and the door before us slid open. The second all of us stepped through the doorway, it slammed shut, startling all of us. The hallway we had entered was lit similarly to the outside, but the closed in space made it seem much more ominous. I was dragged down the passage to a metal door which was opened by the anxious leader. Behind it was a massive empty room, which I assumed was the main storage room, illuminated by large skylights in the high ceiling that allowed moonlight to stream through to us.

"Josh," One of my captors spoke up hesitantly, "where do we put her?" Their young boss, Josh, turned around, glancing between me and the man who had spoken, before nodding to a chair a couple yards away from us.

"Stick her there Roz." Roz pulled me to the indicated spot and forced me to sit. My wrists and ankles were rapidly bound to the seat's arms and legs, like in the car.

A bang from the opposite side of the room caused all heads to turn towards the noise. A tall, spindly man with slicked back blonde hair appeared in the newly opened door, clapping slowly.

"Good job boys." The newcomer praised mockingly. "I didn't think you wimps could do it! I guess I was wrong."

I was thoroughly confused. Was this the asshole who wanted me kidnapped? This certainly wasn't my father. My baffled thoughts were soon answered by Josh's rigid reply.

"There, tell your boss we got his kid. Now we're going" He hissed, turning on his heel and gesturing for his men to follow him. So it was my dad. I sighed, biting my lip. I had no way out of this, and Dad had proved to be a total psychopath, so anything could happen to me here.

The creepy blonde chuckled at the retreating men, then turned to me. "Your father will be happy to hear that you made it. My men will have fun with you." I shrunk back, horrified. This was the end, I was going to die here in this disgusting warehouse. "But not right now. Here-" He reached into a pocket on his pants, pulling out a white cloth and bringing it towards my mouth. "We can't have you making a fuss when we don't need you, now can we?" I tried to scream, but the cloth obstructed the sound. The drugs on the rag began to take effect, dragging me to unconsciousness.

~

important announcement: I will be going to partial-hospitalization eating disorder treatment on wednesday, unless my insurance provider decides to screw me over and not give me the number to access my insurance (I hate switching, but this plan is so much better than my old one). Also, IM HAVING GENDER ISSUES. All in all, it might take a bit of time before the next chapter comes out.

(update: my insurance was screwed up and treatment was postponed till the 19th, monday)

hugs for all!

C

possessive |COMPLETED|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara