chapter 15

[edited] 

~

[jasper]

The bell rang in my ear irritatingly. I tried to push myself onto my arm, but failed horrendously. The pain in my stomach was killing me and my brain wasn't helping much. All I could think of was how anyone could know about Hayden and me. We weren't an "official" couple yet.

Oh damn, Hayden! What if he got beaten up too? Images of him receiving the same treatment as I had flashed through my mind. The thought sent me scrambling to my phone, the recent injuries forgotten for the moment. Somehow, the useful little device had been flung across the classroom during my beating, yet, by some miracle, it wasn't cracked. I army crawled to it and shakily typed in the password, calling Hayden.

[hayden]

I was bored out of my mind. Study hall was completely useless since I finished my homework in class most of the time while the teachers pretended to be teaching us useful things. It was during second period too. Seriously, second? It wasn't like we got take-home tests as homework, yet somehow people managed to have mountains of work to occupy them while I died of boredom.

I slowly became aware of a light buzzing from my back pocket. Someone was calling me, thank goodness! I slipped out of the classroom unnoticed and pulled out my phone. Unsurprisingly, it was Jasper. Nobody else except my parents called me, and they definitely wouldn't during school hours.

"Hello?" I answered, holding the phone to my ear.

"Hayden? Oh thank God." Jasper gasped from the end of the line, sounding thoroughly winded. "Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" His voice was scratchy and strained, sending my brain into panic mode.

"Jasper, what's wrong? Where are you?" I demanded, glancing around, as if that would locate my boyfriend.

"Nothing's-"

"Bullshit." I snapped. That obviously got his attention. I never swore. "Now tell me where you are!"

Jasper let out a sigh. He knew how stubborn I could be when worried. "My first period, in the science hall. Room-uh..." He paused for a moment. "... 509." I hung up immediately and started running towards the location I'd been given, only stopping to breathe a bit before carrying on. Reaching the classroom, I flung the door open. Jasper was sitting against the wall, his phone in one hand, the other on his stomach. His lip was split open, he had a black eye, and almost all visible skin was littered with various cuts and bruises. The navy blue shirt he was wearing had a small circular stain that I feared was blood and the classroom was a mess, indicating a pretty nasty fight. After taking the scene before me in, I ran to his side, desperately trying to stay calm.

"What the hell happened?" I whispered, gently caressing his face. 

Jasper grinned wearily up at me. "Apparently somebody doesn't like our relationship." He croaked out before coughing a bit. 

I inhaled sharply, tears beginning to pool around the corners of my eyes. "This is my fault..."

"No baby!" Jasper shouted, attempting to pushing himself up. He gasped before falling back, a groan escaping.

"Careful! Don't hurt yourself more!" I laughed slightly at his stupidity, despite the situation we were in. 

Jasper jerked his head up, staring at me with a strange intensity that I'd never seen before."I love you so much, you have no idea. I'm not going to let some assholes ruin us!"

"Um... o-okay." I couldn't tell if I found this side of him intimidating of just really hot.

He relaxed again, his eyes returning to their regular, good-natured twinkle. "Good. Now help me up, please. We should go to the nurse, no?" 

I snapped to my senses. "Right!

""You're so cute!" He laughed while shaking his head at me, causing a raging blush to spread across my cheeks.

~   

I realized I beat up my characters a lot, lol. Well, what can ya do.

HFA!

C