chapter 11

[edited]

Thank you all for your support. I love you all and truly appreciate all the motivation I've received from all you wonderful people. I will hopefully be writing a new book based off of a suggestion from one of you lovelies. 

~

[saely]

Not having my parents around was quite difficult to get used to. Blade and Hayden essentially lived  with us, constantly having impromptu sleepovers and stuff like that. It wasn't bad, it was a hell lot better than what i had before, but just different.

"Blade?" I looked up from my position, nuzzled into his chest while lounging across my couch.

"Hmm?" He lifted his head to look at me. "What's wrong Sae?" 

I grinned at the nickname. "Have you seen Jasper today?"

"No, why?" I frowned. Jasper usually woke us up, but today, when I got up, there was no sign of him. I brushed it off, but it still struck me as odd. Hayden had woken up stressed and was now sitting on the floor, coloring his mind out. He was such a child sometimes. I could see why Jasper liked this squish.

[jasper]

I sat on the edge of a park bench, practically ripping my hair out. I'd been getting more and more anxious every day but desperately tried to hide it form everyone. I had always known how my life was going to go. I was going to go to medical school, graduate and become a successful doctor. This was all so unexpected, but I'd much rather be here than early admittance collage while knowing Saely would be suffering. However, I'm notoriously bad at handling family stress and change, something only Saely knew. 

I was aware Hayden had sensed that something was bothering me, so this is morning I left as to avoid questions. This was now almost 5:30, so the sun was setting and more shady characters were emerging. I was out of cigarettes and needed something better than smoking so I strolled from the park to a nearby bar. Blade had gotten me a fake ID so I passed the bouncer without a problem.

"Vodka, please." I muttered to the familiar bartender. He gave me a worried glance, knowing my age and how easily I got drunk, but handed me my order anyway. I wanted to get drunk tonight.

[hayden]

I flopped back on Jasper's bed. I knew Jasper was stressed out about something, but he never talked to me about his problems so I had no clue why he decided to run off.

On the floor next to me lay some paper and colored pencils that I'd been using earlier. I was thoroughly embarrassed that I colored to relive stress and anxiety, but it really worked. Anxiety management was something I had a very hard time with, so I found an alternative way to cope.

A creak from the front of the house pulled me from my thoughts. I glanced at the clock, realizing it was almost 1:00 AM. I stood, groaning as my back cracked slightly, and ventured out to investigate the noise. I flicked on a light to see a very messed up and exhausted looking Jasper. To say I was mad at him was an understatement. "What the hell Jasper? Where were you? Do you have ANY idea how worried I've been?" As I moved closer to him, I recognized the smell of alcohol emitting off of him. "You were DRINKING?!?! You're only bloody eighteen, how'd you get yourself alcohol?" He didn't respond, just lumbered toward me, enveloping me in a gigantic, fuzzy hug that I couldn't resist. He started shaking  and I could feel my shoulder dampen. All I could do was return his hug, allowing him to cry on me. What was happening to him that would cause him to act this way? I pulled him gently over to the couch in his living room and sat down, ready to hear his problems.

"How am I supposed to do this? Why can't my life be how I'd expected?" He slurred out through the alcohol and tears. "I should be prepping for college and becoming a doctor, not protecting another human! I can't do this, Saely deserves so much more than I could ever give her. You do too! I'm a crap boyfriend. I can't even tell you my problems." He sniffed pitifully and yawned, rubbing his eyes. 

"Aww, Jasper, you're an amazing boyfriend! Don't worry about me. You are doing all you can and more for us, so don't you dare think otherwise, okay?" I lifted him from the couch as best I could, considering the height difference. "You need to sleep now, alright?" He nodded slowly and allowed me to drag him to our bed.

Sorry that it's kinda short. 😞

HFA!

C