chapter 14

[edited]

I wrote half of this at 5 am, so it may be awful.

~

[saely]

I messed with my lip ring anxiously as we approach the school. The events from last night were spinning around inside my head as I desperately try to make sense of them. My tough, sarcastic boyfriend who almost the entire school worshiped had been on the brink of a meltdown, loudly professing his love to me as if his life depended on it.  Blade was always the one who protected me and I was fine with that. However, I felt bad since Blake never showed me his true feelings. He always had up a wall, protecting his problems for me. I was his girlfriend. I was supposed to comfort him and he was sad, not leave him alone to suffer, so it made me happy that he trusted me with his feelings. I stayed him all night, assuring him that I loved him back. It was a very odd experience.  The only reason I could fabricate for this weird behavior, since no one seems to keen to tell me what happened while I was sleeping, was that he thought that bitch that started this mess had convinced me he was an douche who didn't deserve me. Still, it was a bit strong of a reaction for that. 

I pushed my complicated thoughts to the back of my head and focused on the task at hand: not passing out if I see that girl again. 

[blade]

After Saely was settled in her first period, I began my manhunt.  I had to find Camilla as soon as possible. I need to straighten out whatever was happening here because it was hurting Saely. No one can hurt her.  Soon enough, I spotted her ombre extensions parading down the hall. She technically wasn't a student so she could roam the halls that she wanted. 

"Camilla!" I know, spitting out the name. She turns slowly, a smirk appearing on her face. 

"What? Got tired of that little toy of yours?" She laughed at my anger. 

That laugh, the same one that haunted me two years ago. I thought the memories creeping into my brain. Every horrible thing she did to me read through my mind. What possessed me into thinking she love me? How could she come back and act like nothing happened? 

"How dare you!?" I shouted. I could feel hot years beginning to flow down my cheeks. Camilla looked shocked that my outburst, but didn't interrupt me. "How can you just stand there like we have no history? I thought I loved you! I trusted you!" I gasped a bit. "Do you have any idea how much damage you caused me? How long it took to rebuild myself alone?"  She looked a little scared of me. I'm sure I looked half-insane, but I didn't care. This had built up for too long and it needed to be let out. 

"Blade... I-" She began.

"You what? You're sorry? Too damn late for that!" I was furious.

She looked almost on the verge of tears herself. "I didn't know it affected you that much."

"YOU ALMOST RAPED ME." I was so close to slapping her. I needed Jasper, Saely, anyone who actually cared. Not bothering to listen to her response, I turned and ran. I didn't know where I was going to but I didn't care. Turning a sharp corner, I ran straight into someone. 

"Blade?"  I looked up. There stood Saely, confused. I sank to the floor, once again letting go of my tears and allowed them to run down my face. Sobs wracked me. Suddenly, two comforting arms were around me. "Oh, Blade, why don't you ever tell me anything? I worry too. It's fine if you can't tell me now, but know I'm here for you." I felt awful for worrying her. I was scared to tell her things because she was already fragile enough. 

"I'm sorry." I muttered into her shoulder, then looked up. "Why aren't you in class?" She smiled and gestured to the restroom sign that had gone unnoticed until then.

"I don't think Mrs. Lee cares if I go back to class. We're watching a movie anyway." Saely gave a tinkle of a laugh, like little bells chiming. That it's self instantly brighten my mood. "Why aren't you in class?" Her question caused me to freeze, tears rising again. "Ah! No, no, never mind." She rushed out, enveloping me and a hug. 

"I don't want to think about it. Let's go to the library and chill till second period." I pushed back the events of this morning and plastered my signature grin across my face. It was funny how visibly relieved to Saely was to see it. 

[jasper]

Blade wasn't in class. The teacher didn't seem to notice, but the students sure did. Rumors were flying around that he had drugs or something or that he had and one of Saely's ex-tormentors were hooking up with somewhere. I rolled my eyes at these idiotic theories in sent Blade a rather grumpy text, asking his whereabouts before switching to my chat with Hayden. He was cutely complaining about how he couldn't comprehend some math formula and the teacher was ignoring his raise hand so he had given up. I laughed slightly before returning to my calculus notes. 

As the bell rang, the students fled the room as fast as possible, leaving me to gather my stuff alone. Before I could leave, a towering figure blocked my path. I was very startled to see him. It was nearly impossible to find someone here who who is taller than the mighty Jasper King, but here I was, being menaced back into the classroom by the Incredible Hulk himself. I glanced around for help, but the the professor had left already. Great. 

"What do you want?" I was shocked at how low my voice was. I knew it went down when I was scared, but this was a whole new level. 

The guy just smirked at me. "Somebody doesn't like you and your little boyfriend." he spat the word, "They told me to get the message through your thick skull." Who knew about me and Hayden? Faster than I could react, he hurled a punch in my head. It caught me square in the jaw, causing me to hiss in pain. As I was trying to regain myself, he threw another, and another. All I could do was feebly attempt to block. I felt weak, worthless. 

A particularly hard punch send me crashing into some desks. He kicked me hard in the stomach and lean down to my ear. "Think about this, will ya?" He growled before sauntering out, leaving me with my bruises.

I worked really hard on this chapter, so it's a bit longer than usual. Y'all deserve it for being so patient with me. I won't be ending the story, since a few of you still want it. I think even if there was only one person who wanted it, I'd continue writing. I really enjoy it.

HFA

C