sept

laurens swept around the bend. he wasn't going to the grocery store, he was doing something else.

he and peggy had actually been going out for a couple years, but never told anyone. he wanted to get her something.

something special, a ring. (im killing myself too omg)

he walked into the closest jewlers shop and was really shocked at his view.

"alex?" he said and laughed.

"hey, man!" he laughed back and hugged laurens.

"what are you doing here?" john asked.

"i'm getting eliza a birthday present." he smiled and looked at the promise rings.

"a promise ring?!" he fangirled.

"y-yeah." he laughed and scratched his neck.

"what about you?" he asked.

"a promise ring, but times 100." he winked.

"you're engaging?!" alex's eyes widened and he smiled wide.

laurens nodded and bit his lip. he looked around and turned towards the engagement rings. this was a place where you could engrave so that's exactly what he was going to do. he was going to do one of their most memorable moments.

flashback to kindergarten:

peggy tucked a piece of hair behind her hair behind her head as she was tracing letters and eating her goldfish in class. she yawned and looked at the clock.

11:54 AM

peggy didn't like school, because she was separated from her sisters and was really depressed about it.

what she didn't know is that laurens was looking from afar, he walked over to her being the little man he was.

"you look sad, can i sit with you?" he smiled and she smiled back.

"yeah!" she giggled and he laughed.

"what's the matter?" he asked.

"my sisters are both bigger than me, i lonely." she explained sadly.

"ill be your friend, will you be mine?" he asked sweetly and smiled brightly.

"sure! im peggy." she giggled.

"im john." he smiled brightly.

john went up to counter lady and asked for an engravement.

"what do you want to be engraved?" she asked.

"make it say 'ill be yours, will you be mine?'" he smiled.

the lady told him it would take about 2-3 business days to complete, and he nodded, as he walked off.

peggy was in bed thinking of all the places john could be.

he could be cheating on her.

that was the one thought that killed her mind as she sat in bed, thinking.

peggy's phone
5:32
to: laurens (contact name: hun💕)

you: where are you...?
you: im getting rlly scared john. i love you and trust you... but... where are you that it could take this long...?

peggy shut off her phone when she looked at the time. 5:35. she groaned and took a sip of her water and ate a cracker. she felt the water and salt mix in her mouth as she gagged in disgust.