dix-neuf

that night at around 8:00 pm the gang gathered round downstairs, as peggy sent the text to thomas telling him to meet her at around 9:00 in the alley. he promptly agreed. their plan was in process. john was holding peggy at his side, kissed her head and breathed heavily. angelica and laf had the same conversation as eliza and alexander, minus the baby part. they were all huddling around.

"i really hate not being able to go, you guys know that right?" angelica said, her lips pursed together. eliza nodded in agreement.

"yeah! im gonna worry so much." eliza said in protest.

"no no no, liza. you're pregnant. you have to stay here. i don't. i can go. but no." she said glaring at laf who backed up, his hands up in defense. she smirked and elbowed his side.

"don't you go out of communication once tonight." eliza said harshly at alex. she could be extremely scary when she wanted to be, and alex knew it more than everyone.

alexander kissed her temple before looking hesitantly at peggy who's eyes were glued to the floor. she placed a hand on her shoulder which she quickly tensed up to, before relaxing slightly noticing it was just alex.

john tightened her grip on her waist and whispered something into her ear, trying to calm her down. assumably it worked, as her shoulders went down and her legs went a little weak. they assumed it was a little more than a relaxation. she rubbed her stomach softly as john wrapped his arms around her from behind. 

"i guess we should get going..." peggy sighed. they all nodded as peggy and the three boys walked towards the door. angie and eliza waved hesitantly. they were outraged, however sad at the same time.

alex looked back once, locking eyes with his love and turned away quickly.

-

the boys dropped peggy off 2 blocks away from the meeting site, so it wasn't suspicious. she walked hastily, as thomas expected her to be there early. thats how it always was.

peggy turned the corner, faced with a shadowed man at the end, standing grimly. he came into sight and peggy's breath hitched with fear. they called the cops, telling them the plan, in the car. the gang comforted peggy, assuring it would be okay now that the cops knew. she knew they were right, nonetheless she was still apprehensive.

the boys were hidden behind the alley on thomas' side so he wouldn't see them. the cops were on their way and they knew that, especially in new york. theres always cops.

"hey peggo." he said in a deep, malicious voice, sending a chill down peggy's spine. she shook it off and smiled. she was a good actress.

"hello." she responded. her lips pursed, though he couldn't tell in the dark. he grabbed her arm, making her tense, and making john almost start running. the boys held him back.

"i ended it with john." she continued. getting straight to the point. she watched as the curly haired boy in front her twitched a little before his face formed a cunning and evil looking grin that could make voldemort want to run away. she took a deep breath, before taking off her engagement ring and letting it slip inbetween her fingers.

the police sirens were heard, which didn't budge thomas. there were always some sort of sirens going off in new york. he didn't second guess it once. he wrapped his arms around her waist. "finally" he whispered seductively into her ear, making her squirm a bit. he tightened the grip of her waist. it wasn't like john's.

john's was sweet, and protective. thomas' was just over powering and felt like a threat instead of a reassurance. the next words he spoke made peggy want to punch him so badly. john almost started swinging at nothing. he ever so slightly said, "i can't wait to raise our baby."

it wasn't pretty. the boys started running from behind the corners, and before any of them could say anything, he was trapped in so many locks he didn't even know the names of some of them. headlocks, arm locks, shirt-locks. everything was being held by the boys. the police sirens neared before men with guns jumped out of the car, nearing the boys and jefferson.

the police were almost too aware of who alex was. they shook his hand as the officers took the curly haired man out of their possession as alex and the chief talked away.

"i'm glad you're safe, kid. you gotta be more careful." he scolded, almost like a dad. he never learned the name of this chief, he only called him chief his entire life.

"hey, it could have been eliza out here instead of me. that thought alone terrified and convinced me enough to come." he responded sternly, the chief smiled grimly and nodded in response.

alex could not wait to go home and hold eliza, and kiss her cheek, and lips, and neck, and stomach, and head, and be able to call her his.

he wanted that. that's when he headed somewhere he had dreaded for the past almost year. the jewelry store.

-

oOoOoOO alex got an idea. also jefferson went bye bye lmao. i wonder what laf's reaction was to his appearance hmm only i will know, i guess. wink wink.

this only has a few more chapters i think you can guys can tell bc it's wrapping up right now. everyone is now safe and pregnant, ya know. the usual.

there will be an epilogue and yes it will be long and happy and yay joy whatever. no angst, did you know that was possible for this story? yeah me neither.

the next few chapters will be fluffy and not have any angst in them except maybe like a fight but not anything that would take chapters to finish bc i need to finish this lmao but there will be a ton of fluff youre welcome.

xx emma corinne