dix-huit

"pegs-" john said, cradling the tanned girl in his arms on the couch. she shook her head violently.

"do not pity me john. please. it was a long time ago." she responded harshly in his direction. he nodded his head taking the hint. she didn't think it would be so easy to talk about this to him. yeah, she obviously thought it was easy to open up to him, but she never told anyone about this.

eliza and angelica listened carefully. angelica looked like she was going to murder somebody, and eliza had a soulful but deadly look in her eyes. she looked paranoid, but determined.

30 minutes ago.

"hey, john. eliza. angie. i need to talk to you guys. its important." she said steadily. she was ready. they all practically jumped up and followed her. eliza was a sucker for gossip. and her sisters well being. duh.

peggy led them upstairs into her room. she sat down on her bed as the three got on the end and huddled together in a semi-circle. peggy explained everything, trying to make it brief, but brief for her was also over 30 minutes. there were lots of things to be said.

"he said, to keep you protected, john. i had to break it off with you. so i said okay." she said quickly and john looked pissed.

"peggy! what the hell! i will be fine, i only care about you." he said softly. she shook her head and looked down.

"no you don't know the damage he can do. i know the damage he can do, and it's hurtful. harmful. its dangerous. its scary." she said, mumbling the last sentence.

"baby." he said taking her arm which made her flinch and tug away. it was just a natural habit after a little bit of dating thomas.

"how did we never know? why didnt you tell us?" angie said sternly, rubbing eliza's back and peggy's arm.

"i didn't want him to hurt you guys. he would use it against me and once he figured out he would hurt me, which i was used to. but he could have hurt you. that's what triggered everything. i didn't need another person being hurt." she said quickly, almost too quickly. angie only picked up about 3 sentences, but got it anyway.

"guys. look. i have a plan. it just might work, because it isn't like he's stalking me. he just needs legit proof i ended it with john and i can do that." peggy said, biting her nails. "i mean obviously, i'm not going to actually end it with him. its pretend." she added, looking at john's confused face.

"look, i'm going to invite him to an alley between that bakery and jewelry store? yeah there. at night. and once i meet him ill throw my engagement ring on the floor, and he's going to believe it or whatever and you guys can sneak up behind him and grab him. we'll call the police before hand, or uncle george." she said. they all took in a heavy breath, not understanding peggy's plan fully but not refusing it. she spent the rest of the day setting out a diagram to lay out the plan.

-

"hey alex." eliza said softly, stroking through the boys hair from behind. she smiled into the top of his head. she didn't exactly know how to break the news. she obviously had to. she couldn't keep secrets from him.

"hey 'liza" he mumbled, still typing away like a maniac shifting his vision from the keys to the screen in distress.

"can i - uh- can i talk to you?" she said, worry coating her voice. he stopped typing immediately.

"uhm- yeah. eliza, whats up?" he said. he was nervous. lets leave it at that.

"so-" she started. proceeding to explain peggy's plan. alex looked at her in disbelief.

"no- eliza. i am not letting you and our child go out there and try to take on that man, not happening. do not count on it. i'll go. not you." he said sternly. eliza glared in response. she did not like being told what to do. alex cupped her cheek in his palm and eliza leaned on it. he stroked her cheek with her thumb.

"i can take of myself, ya know? don't you trust me?" she said softly.

"of course i trust you. i don't trust this jefferson character. you might be stronger, but he's not pregnant. you are. that's what i care about." alex responded, looking into her eyes.

she believed him.

"i'm going." alex said sternly. "i'm going to be fine. when is this going to be held?"

eliza's breath hitched.

"tonight."

-

im at the gym rn writing this yayayayaya. i hope you guys like this one and yes im def stock piling. this should end at about the 20-25th chapter. whoOoOoO

xx emma corinne