vingt-deux

the couple stared at each other from each other's propositions. their breaths hitched. "um- you first" alex said awkwardly. he knew she'd decline, he knew the ring wasn't big enough, he knew everything was going to go downhill for him the moment

"alex- i-" eliza started. obviously she didn't mean to cut him off on the question that would make or break their relationship. eliza's breath hitched. "alex. if you do not ask that question again in the next 5 seconds i will rip your arm off." she said with a straight face. she was serious.

"elizabeth schuyler, will you marry me?" he said again, knowing the answer. he dreaded asking the question again, avoiding eye contact with the love of his life.

there was a pause. eliza knew she loved the man in front of her. she knew she was head over heels for the man in front of her. she knew she wanted the man in front of her. she knew she needed the man in front of her.

"of course, i will. yes. a million times yes, alexander hamilton." she said, grinning. alex's shoulders tensed.

did that really just happen?

his head dropped and he chuckled. he was smiling so wide he was sure he was going to cry. or break his jaw. "i love you so much, elizabeth schuyler. my future wife." he said and kissed her nose. he slid the ring onto her finger and hugged her tightly.

"also, my fiance is going to yale!" he screeched, picking her up and spinning her. "and my future child." he said, kissing her stomach. she giggled and pecked his lips, hugging him again.

"everything will be amazing. i sent the email earlier today. i knew i was going to tell you tonight. i knew that it would be best if that was the case." she smiled, and alex nodded frantically.

"uh, yeah. ya think?" he smiled sheepishly, "you are the most intelligent, beautiful, inspiring, independent, talented, gorgeous human being ive ever met."

eliza blushed softly, she loved the compliments she received from the taller boy. the night was practically perfect. she didn't know how she had ever made it through this year without dropping to her knees and melting in his eyes. he was gorgeous.

"you're so hot." she mumbled. making him laugh and smile, bowing his head into her shoulder. she realized what she had said after she had said it, and closed her eyes tightly.

"oh - oh my god. that was so-" she got cut off from her own laughter. and before either of them knew it, they were both laughing. clinging to each other to keep upright. just having eachother's company made them comfortable and themselves. they didn't find any flaw with eachother.

"i could say the same thing about you, ms. sexy schuyler." he said huskily. she scoffed and playfully hit him.

"shush. the baby can hear you." she said and rubbed her stomach mockingly. he rolled his eyes and swung his arm over her shoulder giddily. they stayed that way, silent, next to each other, stepping in a synchronized pattern for what felt like ages. they muttered some lines of affection and love every now and then, but other than that it was solitude, it was peaceful, it was nice. it made them want to stay their longer and longer.

the rest of the night went completely as planned. a lot of pda, a lot of hugging, a lot of laughing, a lot of them being themselves. it was the happiest they had been in a long time, and neither of them wanted it to end. the past year together had been filled with drama, and mistakes, and lessons. but in the end they were together and that was all that mattered to either of them. they both felt the weight of the world lift off their shoulders as they talked to each other. it wasn't them plus another person, or them plus outside drama, or them plus their mistakes. it was just them. it was quiet, it was loud, it was happy, it blew eliza's mind away. the way their hands perfectly interlocked or the way their kisses were soft and gentle.

the way they touched eachother.

kissed eachother.

held eachother.

loved eachother.

since the first time they ever met each other, eliza felt something so surreal.

she felt helpless.

-

WOW ONE MORE CHAPTER THEN THIS THING IS OVER. ARE YOU SAD? IM SAD. ANYWAY I LOVE YOU GUYS I HOPE U HAVE AN AMAZING DAY AHHHH!!!!!

xx, emma corinne