dix-sept

A/N GUYS COMPLETELY IGNORE THE FACT THAT PEGGY IS PREGNANT IN THE LAST CHAPTER I DONT EVEN REMEMBER WRITING THAT LMAO BUT SHE IS PREGNANT IN THIS CHAPTER OK? OK.

the guilt lunged in peggy's throat through out the next couple of days. she knew she would have to turn herself into the only man she ever loved, and end it. just to keep him safe. thomas jefferson was a story. a story that she never told anyone, not even her sisters. they obviously knew of thomas. knew of him was an understatement. they loved him. his fake persona that covered the mask of a truely evil person.

the night that peggy returned home was full of hysterics, most coming from eliza and john. she felt awful that she couldn't give them the proper answer. every time they asked her to explain herself, she just said she was out. yeah she was out, under protective supervision of thomas jefferson.

peggy knew she was going to be able to handle everything herself in the long run. she was going to be able to do it, she was actually forced to. but she wasn't ready. she wasn't mentally prepared for the outcome of the dilemma. she spent nights in the same bed as john, just looking at as he slept peacefully, knowing that now that he had peggy back that everything would be fine. however, peggy had a different story to throw into his face.

she twiddled with the engagement ring lying on her ring finger. she has never taken that ring off. ever. she spent the night woken up. her mind racing. her hands sweaty. she lied back down next to john, sweeping a strand of hair over his ear.

no. she thought to herself. she looked at the man she loved and convinced herself of something. everything will be alright. she will have her wedding. she will have her baby. they will live in a house on the outside of a bustling city and everything will be fine.

thats when she realized she needed to tell john before she did anything. that was the hardest part of her plan.

-

"alexander please come to bed."  eliza whined into the study where her boyfriend sat typing away in the dark on the brightly lit computer screen. probably the most sexy thing eliza has ever seen, his hair all messy in a bun and his hoodie slipping over his fingers and his jawline defined by the laptop's screen.

"give me a minute, love. i'll be there soon." he said sweetly.

she was also twiddling with the promise ring around her finger. she knew alexander and her weren't married. hell, they weren't even engaged. but they had no rush. they knew they would be one day. especially with the baby- well babies. counting peggy's. on the way.

alexander's glasses loosely dangled on the tip of his nose as he was just centimeters away from the screen before he slammed his finger down on the period. he laid back in his seat before looking over at eliza with a smug and cocky smirk plastered on his face.

he jumped out of his seat, putting an arm over eliza's shoulders and walking simultaneously to bed. they crawled under the sheets and alexander removed his glasses and ponytail. eliza cuddled into his side, counting in line with his heartbeat. she grinned to herself as alex stroked through her hair.

she felt the stress and worry and anguish slip away from her as they lay there, falling asleep. together. in each others arms. that's when she realized that everything will be alright.

then she fell asleep as alex tightened his grip on the brunette below.

-

peggy woke john up early that morning, eager to start her plan. she had the evil smirk she normally had. even though she knew she was dreading telling him the truth, she knew that he would get it. he had to, right? he loved her. he would understand. of course he would. he's john laurens. he always understands.

laurens mumbled as he was 1/4 awake before pulling peggy inwards and falling back asleep. peggy quickly wriggled out of his grasp and straddled him. "no ya don't johnny boy! come on, wake up. i have a planned day."

boy, did she have a planned day.

"come onnn, pegs. im desperate here." he said in his best jersey accent which peggy scoffed at and rolled her eyes. she grabbed his arm and pulled him out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen.

she made the family breakfast and served her and john's plate.

"so what was this epic day full of plans you were talking about?" john mumbled, obviously half awake as his eye lids weighed up and down.

"you have no idea what's coming. lets just say that." she winked in the boy's direction.she responded with a cheeky smile and kissed his cheek before running back upstairs to get dressed. the maternity clothes were becoming tight as she looked into the mirror. she was 5 months in. they had an ultrasound check up next week which was perfect for the plan she elaborated.

all she needed was to pluck up the courage, and ask john. even if it was the last words she would ever say to him. she didn't care. all she needed to do was take one look at her large stomach before coming to a conclusion.

she was so doing this.

-

wow look at me stockpiling and being productive or whatever. yayay ya girl is fin ally gonna finish this by the end of the summer yayayayayayayy are you happy? i love you guys whohohoohhooho