neuf

"un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf." eliza sang the next morning.

it was her birthday today, she knew that tonight would probably go out of whack and she didn't want anyone to be there that shouldn't be, like the guys that beat her and alexander up.

she was having a party tonight and she was inviting alex, angelica, peggy, washington, nathaniel, laffy, herc, maria and of course, laurens. since it was in the schuyler mansion and there was a lot of room, eliza said to invite who ever else anyone wanted. alex was really surprised when he heard that she was inviting nathaniel, but eliza said she thought he was nice, so alex just shrugged it off.

peggy and john were already in tact again and all lovey dovey all over each other, you know, after eliza figured out they were going out for years instead of months.

angelica and lafayette are still the most adorable couple out of the group, and hercules is still complaining about being all alone, alex said "he don't need anyone", but he ignored.

eliza didn't like birthdays. she felt she was just one more step towards the grave before she was fully in. she didn't want the day to come where angie died, or peggy, or alex, or anyone died before herself. that was one thing she actually liked about birthdays, one more step into the grave, one more heartbreak gone away.

eliza got up and dressed, she put on a knee-length blue dress, black tights, and sandals, along with her mom's necklace that was hanging on her bulletin board. she clipped it on and smiled, she put on some basic make up, brushed her hair and left the room, still humming to herself.

eliza decided for some toast for breakfast, until she noticed the time.

11:45

eliza gathered her stuff, and ran out the door.

nathaniel was shocked when he saw the text that invited him to eliza's party, he was shocked, but knew this was the perfect opportunity to ruin their relationship. he just needed a plan.

it was extremely hot in nyc, even if it is as late as august, it's either really cold or really hot. nathaniel put on some shorts, a short sleeve shirt and some sneakers, nothing too fancy.

the party- or "sabotage" started at 6, so he had plenty of time to plan out. he knew that it was a bit cruel of him to do this to eliza on her birthday, but he just glossed over that. he knew exactly what he was going to do, he mapped out the schuyler mansion, since he knew it pretty well because of how famous it is there's a lot of pictures of it online.

he knew that since it was pretty hot people would maybe spend time outside or by the pool, he planned for him to be by the pool, as alexander was there at a given time, then he'd call eliza over to chat and then alex would kiss a random girl and eliza would see.

obviously, alex isn't going to go on this on his own will, someone will have to kiss him. nathaniel sat for moments thinking of who to make kiss alexander, until he had the perfect idea who, and she was already invited.

nathan took out out his phone and dialed the number.

"hey, mariah." nathaniel said into the phone.

"what do you want?" she responded, clearly annoyed.

"i need you to help me sabotage alex and eliza's relationship." nathaniel said in a high pitch tone.

"and why would i do that?" she asked.

"because, you know how hard it is to love someone, and them not love you back." nathan said in a more serious tone.

"f-fine. what do you want me to do?" she stuttered.