douze

for that moment the world froze. everything was right and they knew they felt love. they knew they were in love. yet, eliza didn't know how to do this. they kissed. for that moment.

however, it all fell apart when they separated. they just stared at each other. "w-what... just happened?" eliza mumbled. alexander shook his head and scratched his neck. "i-i don't know..." he responded. eliza's whole face was pink mixed with coldness and embarrassment. they stood there in almost awkward silence. it was awkwardly comfortable. but still awkward enough that both of them felt weird

"a-angelica told me not to come..." eliza said, breaking the silence.

"why did you, then?" alexander whispered.

"i-i missed you." eliza mumbled, as she felt the heat rise up on her face.

"i thought you hated me." alex said, scared.

"i don't. im angry at you. i don't hate you i- i can't hate you." eliza said letting a tear roll down her cheek. "why did you do it?" eliza asked. alexander thought for a minute as he was lost in thoughts. he didn't know why. he, he could say no. he could. but he didn't.

"i don't know. she kissed me, eliza." alexander said in defense, when he heard his phone ding.

alexander's phone
8:23
from: peggy (contact name: peggles)

peggles: don't mess this up.

alexander sighed and turned off his phone, slipping it back in his pocket.

"she had a reason too. i love maria, you know that." eliza said and alex nodded, he did know that.

"you look cold." alex said dumbfound and obviously.

"y- yeah, and?" eliza said aggressively, shivering.

"do you have a place to stay?" alex asked worriedly. he really cared about her health.

"n-no. but that doesn't matter." eliza shook her head and looked down. she was lying. alex knew when she lied.

"i have something of yours." alex whispered, grabbing the necklace and handing it to her.

the next few moments were uncomfortable, alex let her in noticing how cold and homeless she was at that time. she was wearing black leggings, a white long sleeve sweater and a jean jacket, all of which were extra soaked. alex got her a towel and wrapped it around her.

"thank you..." eliza choked, alex nodded, and looked up at her.

"eliza?" alex asked and eliza winced.

"y-yes?" she responded.

"eliza, i love you. you know i do. i- words can't express how much i love you. and i know you don't trust me right now. and you're really disappointed in me. and i am disappointed in me, and i know why i kissed her back... but i- don't want to say..." alex said looking down at his hands, eliza took them and looked at his with a worried face.

"alex, you can tell me anything." eliza whispered with sad eyes.

alex hesitated, "when i was, about ten, my father left. my mom cheated on him, but she said no at first. and when she said no things got abusive with her, my father, and my brother. my father figured out and started hurting her. the guy she cheated on my father with started hurting her. he left and abandoned us with no money, basically no home, and no life of our own. i felt if i said no, something bad would happen. this isn't just a make believe story, 'liza. when i felt like saying no, which was what i was going to do, my thoughts went my mother and the whole world went black. i didnt realize i was even kissing her..." alex was looking at the ground the whole time.