Ethan

*if this chapter triggers you I'm sorry I'll explain why I wrote what I did.*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*6 months later*
Makenna's p.o.v
It's been 6 months since I got prego and it's been 3 months since Grayson and I bought a house together. I haven't talked to Ethan since......I don't know anymore. He's moved out of his house and somewhere that is unknown to me. Every time I ask Grayson he never tells me. He always changes the subject or says "Ethan's just fine." I know he knows where Ethan is. Ethan doesn't want Grayson to know because he hates me. Because of what I told him 6 months ago.
*Flashback*
I was standing outside of Ethan's room at their house. "Go in." Grayson said as he pushed me lightly against the door. I opened the door to find a shirtless Ethan sleeping. I go over to him and tap his shoulder to wake him up. He sees me and immediately jumps out of bed hugging me. "I missed you" he said smiling. I was not smiling. Neither was Grayson. "What's the matter?" He asked pushing my hair out of my face. A tear began to roll down my cheek as he wiped it away. "Bab-" he began but I touched his cheek cutting him off. "Ethan." I asked trying to hold back my sob. "Yes." He said nervously. "I-I-I" I said. I couldn't tell him. I didn't have the heart to do it. I looked over to Grayson asking for a rescue but he shook his head trying to hold back his tears. "Ethan I hate to say this. But at the same time I'm happy." He nodded his head signaling for me to continue. "Say hello to your new nephew...." I said pointing to my stomach. At first he smiled... then it disappeared. "Nephew?" I nodded my head. He looked over at Ethan trying not to cry as his eyes turned red and became blurry. "You got her pregnant?" He asked looking over to Ethan. Grayson nodded his head. "I'm sorry Ethan." He said letting the tears fall down his face. "Hey buddy." Ethan said as he sobbed looking down at my stomach. "I hope you're a boy so we can do stupid stuff together." He smiled while tears fell down his face. I smiled. "You're not mad?" Grayson said walking into the room towards me. "I'm furious." Ethan said smiling trying to hold back more tears. "I'm so mad I could knock down that entire wall." My smile soon turned into a frown as I let my salty tears drop down my cheeks. "But there's one good thing coming out of this." He pointed to my stomach. Grayson shook his head. "Ethan you're not-" He was cut off by him. "I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine." He sobbed. "Raise my nephew right." He said while looking at Grayson. He smiled at me and kissed me on my cheek one last time before he left.
*Flashback over*
That day was probably the worst. Watching him leave. I hate to see him gone. But I also hate that I don't know where he went.
Ethan's p.o.v
I left Grayson and Makenna 6 months ago. Do I regret leaving? Yes. Do I want to go back? Of course. But I can't. I can't watch her be in pain for that long. The physical pain that she's pregnant and the pain she feels that I left. If I came back I don't know what she would do. I think she wouldn't want anything to do with me. All I do all day is drink. That's the only thing keeping me from going insane besides.... I was brought out of my thought by a knock on the door. I was shocked by who was standing at my front door. "Makenna?"
She looked tired. She has huge bags under her eyes like she hasn't slept in about a week and she has her hair in a bun that looks like she did it in 30 seconds flat and she just looked worn out all together. You could really tell she was pregnant by the way she waddled when she walked and her belly blown up like a balloon. "Did Grayson tell you I was here?" She nodded her head. "6 months of asking and I finally got him to spill." I opened the door and wrapped her arm around my shoulder as I helped her sit down on my used torn couch in my old dusty apartment that I'm pretty sure used to belong to a dead person.
Makenna's p.o.v
After 6 months of waiting, hurting, crying, vomiting, and searching, I finally found him. 6 long months. I was finally here. Sitting with the person I thought I was madly in love with 6 months ago until I got pregnant with his brother's child. I missed him. He looks older. His eyes were darker from the circles around them, his hair was messy and his face was unshaved. He isn't in a peppy mood like he used to be. When someone walked into a room he would light up but that's changed. He's no longer the Ethan I used to know. "Would you like some water?" He asked already making his way to the kitchen. "Yes please." I said. While I was waiting I started to swing my legs to keep me occupied. While swinging my legs happily, I accidentally kicked a small velvet box underneath a table that had a jingling sound coming from the inside. Curious, I bent over and picked up the box. I shook it once again and I heard the sound again. It sounded like metal. I opened the box and found a pencil sharpener worth he screws taken out of it, a screwdriver, a red-stained cloth, and the blade that used to belong in the sharpener.

(If you don't know what this means I'll explain later in the story)

I picked the blade up looking at the dried blood in the sharp end of it. I had no idea he had come to this. He walked back in and saw em holding the box. He set the water down and rushed over to me. He looked deep into my eyes trying to read what was going through my head. "Why" I said under my breath. "It's not what you think." I dropped the  box and lifted his right sweater sleeve up revealing his arm that had scars going down his arm in horizontal lines. I lifted the other sleeve and I saw the same thing. Except I saw a vertical slash down the long row of horizontal cuts. A tear ran down my face. "How dare you" I said pretty loud. "I didn't think anybody would find out." I shook my head. "I'm going through complete hell right now and you doing this makes it 100 times worse." His eyes became foggy with tears. "I know. I'm sorr-" pushed his sleeve back down. "You just don't understand do you?" He put his head down. "Ethan what is wrong with you?" I asked now screaming. "I don't know." He said in a low voice. "When you do know, give me a call. Or you can run away like you did last time." I was about to walk out of the door but I stopped. "And that's always the perfect solution isn't it?" I asked slamming the door before he could answer. I took the box with me without him knowing because I had to tell Grayson this was happening. He had to know.