Chapter 3

Cameron

"Babe, why don't you come back to bed?" Her soft voice whispered as she ran her smooth hands down my naked back. I stood by the balcony of my California mansion looking out at the lights in the city. Shit, if I knew why the hell I came here every night and looked out maybe I would have found a clue as to what I was looking for.

My perfect escape to paradise was tightly wrapped in brown paper as I inhaled the little bundle of relaxation and exhaled all the fuckery. The smoke anxiously escaped my lips and snaked its way back through my nose.

"Baby, what's wrong?" She spun me around and stared into my eyes as if she was trying to figure out what was wrong.

Mirroring her expression I looked at her confused. "Cameron, what's wrong?" She asked again.

"Nothing." I walked passed her back into the bedroom.

"That's the shit I am talking about; whenever I ask you shit you always ignore me." The joint I just smoked had me high as fuck and I wasn't even in the mood to answer her. "I know damn well you hear me so fucking answer me now!" She shouted as she stood by the door while I climbed back in bed.

"Okay so you're just going to ignore me." She continued with her annoying shit.

"Goodnight." I turned the light off.

"Cameron get the hell up

"Cameron get the hell up." I felt a burn on my shoulder.

"What the fuck I told you about putting your hands on me. Do that shit again Britney and you will regret it!" I barked with my eyes still closed.

"Man, just get up out the bed so I spread it." She hissed, after getting up I walked into the bathroom for a shower.

I swear if it wasn't for her fuck game I would have left her ass a long time ago. She had an attitude for days and nigga had shit to do I wasn't in for it.

After Kareem's death I was through with love. That shit wasn't for a nigga like me. Death was piling like stacks on me and I wasn't thinking straight for a while. First, it was Chris then Kareem that sent Monique over the edge and I wasn't even there for her, I couldn't stand seeing her behaving like that It was like she wanted to turn to drugs to erase her pain. I had to stay away from my family I couldn't look in their faces.

It didn't make sense what happened to Kareem. We planned to meet up at the border of Mexico, shit I was there and I waited till I saw blue and red lights flashing. I got scared so I ran and hid for a couple days. Days later I got news they found her dead.

That was my last straw with love, even though shit just didn't add up. Her body was unable to be identified. They found her burnt really bad all her ID's and stuff was found next to her.

Brittany lived in Sonora with her mother when I found her. She was aight at first down for a nigga and was willing to do anything for me. Soon we got together and when shit blew off we came back to Cali. I guess she was a quick bitch because soon she started spending half of what I made a day on shit she didn't need. She always wants something. All I wanted was to erase the pain in my heart that Kareem left. And Brittney was there for me, she helped me to get back on my game.