Chapter 9

Cameron

"You make it look like your fat ass ain't ate shit in days." I screwed up my face looking at her stuff her face with French fries.

"Your ass be looking skinny like your hoe ain't feeding your ass."

Even though Monique knows about Brittney I didn't tell Brit about my family. I told her that they died a while back. I had a hard time trusting people and I wasn't going to risk anything else.

"You haven't told her about us have you?"

"She don't need to know."

"When she finds out she probably slap the shit outta you, I don't know why your ass get with a Spanish chick and you know they quick to slap. And your stupid ass forever saying some shit to make a girl mad." She took a big bite out of her steakhouse burger.

"What she doesn't know won't kill her."

"I don't like her." She dipped her fries in sweet and sour sauce.

"You never like any of my girlfriends Monique."

"I loved Kareem." She said changing the mood. The sound of her name made my heart flinch.

"She was different. I really loved her."

"Cam I don't think she's gone...Ever since you told me what happen I don't think she died I feel like it was a setup or something. It just doesn't make sense."

"I know I thought the same thing too sis, but I even asked around I had my niggas looking and we found nothing they found all her stuff burnt in the knapsack she was carrying." I sighed. "I don't know what more to believe."

"I didn't even get to say goodbye."

"No one did."

"I know yall thought I was seeing things when I told you I saw her at Chris's funeral. But I know my best friend anywhere I saw her at our cousin's funeral. It was her and I saw her once when you were taking me home. Cam I know its her."

I wanted to believe her, I really did. Once I took Brittney shopping in Versace store a year or so back and I swear I saw her in the store. I didn't want to stare at her but I could have sworn it was her. I knew how much Kareem liked her hair red and the girl had the same hair. When I finally convinced myself that I would go over to her she was gone and I was trying to get over her and so I pushed the thought to the back of my head.

"She moved so quick it's like she's a ghost. But she's not dead." She said playing with the charm bracelet Kareem bought her a while back. "One of these days I will see her again and I will prove to you that I'm not crazy and my bestfriend isn't dead."

"Wanna go buy something?" I tried changing the subject. I wasn't in the mood to speak of my dead ex-girlfriend.

"Sure, just get me two apple pies to go and a vanilla milkshake." She finished up her burger.

"Where the hell all that food going and your ass aint getting fat."

"Look! A girl's gotta' eat, just go get me my damn food and lets go!"

"Greedy ass!" I murmured as I walked over to the cashier.  

Brittney

Brittney

I walked into the mall following them. Shit they have more arguments than we do and we argued a lot who the hell is this bitch.

"Damn I'm hungry." Tisha said behind me.

"Well they went to the food court so let's follow them."

"Shit he gone flip if you go over to him."

"How the hell he gone do that and he cheating?"

"How you know he cheating I don't think he cheating."

"You the one who said you saw him with some other girl. Now you backing out make up your mind."

"I've known him longer than you, I went to school with the nigga, his whole family crazy as hell, they don't play with shit like this he will kill you if you keep doing shit."

"Whose man is it?" I asked annoyed. 'I've known him longer than you.' What that shit supposed to mean. Last time I checked I was the one he slept with last night what the hell she know.

"You know what I'll leave your ass, cause you acting like you been California all your life." She walked off to a seat.

I followed her and sat down. I couldn't help but to stare who the hell is this bitch though, like she needs to know who the hell she fucking with.

"So miss know it all what you gone do now?"

"Go over there."

"And do what?"

"Confront him and the bitch." I got up and headed over to them.

"Who told you, your ass can fight. And ain't your ass supposedly pregnant?" I swear I feel like throwing a punch at her sometimes but I knew damn well she would beat my ass.

"Well yall gone watch a pregnant bitch fight today."

"Ahh this shit just got real." She laughed behind me.  

Vote!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Follow!

Diamind.