CHAPTER ONE: BECAUSE

S E O U L
20 JUNE 2016

please bring him back, please bring him back, please bring him back, please tell me this is a dream please bring him back—

jungkook looked at the lifeless body of his boyfriend, taehyung. laying down helplessly on the pool of blood. if only they didn't walk in this alley. if only they took the car instead of being 'healthy' and walking to and from jimin's house. if only they agreed with jimin to stay over at his house instead of going home at 2 am.

a black shadow was growing out from the bottom of his boyfriend's body and a male with huge black wings emerged out of it, just beside taehyung's body. his black hair falls just above his crimson eyes (the minimal dim lighting makes his eyes glow brighter) and sharp fangs were subtly peeking out from between his lips. dressed in an all black suit and a thick cloth was wrapped around his neck in a dark red colour, almost maroon.

"hey you, human. what's your name?" he said in a loud booming voice. sending

jungkook blinked, trying to process whatever just happened. "you're talking to me?"

"is there any human that is alive right now in the middle of the night in this alley?" the male smirked, knowing he just hurt jungkook's feelings even more.

"i'm jeon jungkook," he finally answered after what seems like minutes from trying to stop his tears from falling.

a sinister grin appeared on the male's face, showing his teeth and the sharp fangs caught jungkook's attention.

who— what is he?